• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell standard vs wide-gamut 27"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RLCCM

Hi everyone
So im in the process of getting a replacement monitor and have narrowed to 2:

The new u2717d (£460)
Or
The dell up2716d (£370) wide gamut which is usually considered to be the premium option - but in this case actually costs me £90 less!

I know in some situations the up2716d will give marginally the better colour/picture quality on the whole, and has a faster reponse time ( just a minor consideartion) so should I be snapping it up at the cheaper price?
Or will the wide-gamut monitor cause occasional annoying oversaturation in places?

I dont need it for professional use - just want the best picture quality i can buy to be better on the eyes over hours of use!

Thanks in advance

They're very similar monitors. The u2717d is a Samsung panel, whereas the up2716d is an LG. I prefer Samsung panels, some prefer LG (personal preference). The u2717d also has slightly less response time, but trades off with a higher input lag.
Both are 27" 2560x1440 monitors, and at the end of the day both are great options. I'd go with the one that costs less.

Yes very similar indeed - the only real difference is the colour gamut of the up2716d

Back