• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT 450 Fan noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

captain shifty

Hello all,

First post here, hoping I could get some help. just recently spent a good amount on building a new pc, and so far I am happy with everything but one thing, the fan noise.

The case I have is a NZXT 450, a EVGA 650w Gold PSU and the Kracken x61. Everything is installed correctly and hooked up correctly, in my BIOS i see two fan setting speeds, one for the CPU cooler (I'm guessing that id the kracken x61) and the other is the OPT Fan on the motherboard, which is connected to my NZXT 450 PWB thingy on the side of the case where all other fans are connected.

They show they are both spinning at around 700-800 rpm, which I thought was silent, but I can still hear them, sometimes (rarely)I hear a whiny noise. What am I missing here?

Thank you all in advance.

Hey Captain...welcome to the OCF Forums!

I don't really understand your question. "Whiny noise" is pretty generic - hehe.

It could be a fan, the PSU, the motherboard, the graphics card, etc.

Have you been able to isolate where the noise is coming from?

(Oh - and the NZXT PWB thingy is their powered PWM fan hub! I used to have a NZXT Noctis 450 case...liked the power fan hub!)

Hey Captain...welcome to the OCF Forums!

I don't really understand your question. "Whiny noise" is pretty generic - hehe.

It could be a fan, the PSU, the motherboard, the graphics card, etc.

Have you been able to isolate where the noise is coming from?

(Oh - and the NZXT PWB thingy is their powered PWM fan hub! I used to have a NZXT Noctis 450 case...liked the power fan hub!)

Hi! Well I believe the noise is coming from the front, i.e the 3 fans in the front of the case. When in idle operation, the fans are audible enough to hear, i would of thought at that RPM it would be near enough silent, but you can definitely hear the fans working if that makes sense

Did you try unplugging those fans to pinpoint if they are the problem?

Back