• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Enermax Launches STEELWING Aluminum Micro-ATX Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

In what is generally a slow time for new product releases in the months leading up the holidays and CES, Enermax surprised us with the release of the STEELWING case. This sleek micro-ATX enclosure is composed completely of aluminum and a fully transparent glass side panel.

Click here to view the article.

I like the look of the case overall but the psu placement just kills the point of having a side window. You appear to end up just looking at the nameplate of the psu and the connections/wires. The motherboard seems to be completely hidden. This is just speculation on my part based on the layout so we will have to see what people come up with when they actually start building in it.

It looks influenced by the very popular looks of some recent InWin cases. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but if the quality and design features are just a "cheap copy" then meh. The materials looked nice and indicate decent quality. I agree with Lochekey on the layout, though given the small size and great visibility, they're a little limited with component placement.

Back