• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Bench Team Member cdawall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I would like to welcome cdawall to the OCF bench team. He's not new to benching but his old team at TPU is pretty much defunct so I invited him to join us a few months back. Let's all welcome him aboard

and just in case someone knows of one floating around (yes I saw the one I missed in the classifieds) I wouldn't mind coming across a SS to pump out some s754 numbers for the team. DICE is a bit of a fiasco with coldbugs

There's one for sale on hardwarecanucks but it's in Canada

I couldn't imagine shipping on that lol, I will keep an eye out local they pop up every once in a blue moon. I need one of those crappy OCZ ones they are perfect wattage wise to keep a single core AMD chip above the cold bug.

welcome to the team cdawall. if you are ever aruond the Tyler, Tx area hit me up. I have a homebuilt ss that could be had for reasonable monies. it is just sitting on a board and not in any way capable of shipping. but could be picked up.
could potentially come by and test it out first if needed as well. or even just use it here, but would have to make sure my time is available

mine only pulls down to -36 or so. but enough to get a decent clock. was enough to run benches on the 4790k at 5.5ghz

Im not sure if the controller on it will allow temp control but it may be possible. would just have to figure it out as I have never done it

Even if it doesn't, that is something even simply adjusting fan speed on the thing can fix. Any idea what the load rating is for it?

it was tuned for x58 think it was 200watt but not positive

I couldn't imagine shipping on that lol, I will keep an eye out local they pop up every once in a blue moon. I need one of those crappy OCZ ones they are perfect wattage wise to keep a single core AMD chip above the cold bug.
Cryo-Z ;)
Honestly, a cheap chiller will keep you just above that cold bug.

I use cold water on a regular basis. It's pretty convenient

Back