• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I run Titanfall 2 at 60FPS on ultra at 1080p?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't see any benchmarks using Titanfall 2 for this cards review but I did read an, ahem, Amazon review where the customer said his card (same one) was running Titanfall 2 at 4k very smoothly with all settings at max.

I would take that with a grain of salt, but if his claims are true then it would be safe to assume that at 1080p this card should be well over 60fps.

I imagine your system will be more than enough to run it at 1080p60/ultra. Titanfall isn't that strenuous of a game, and as far as I know Titanfall2 is based on the same engine.

Titanfall 2 PC System Requirements :

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

Minimum

OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit
CPU - Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
RAM - 8GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX - 11
Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Recommended

CPU - Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
DirectX - 11

Ultra 4K60

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700k or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
DirectX - 11

That's great info Kenrou but doesn't answer the OP's question.

The game is out today I think, not much info is out there yet. The list of specs is likely as good as we can offer until places like Digital Foundry and others benchmark a crap ton of cards against the game. Seeing that they recommend a 1080 for 4K60, a 980ti (which is a small drop down from a 1080, in the grand scheme of things), should have very little trouble running at 1/4 of the resolution.

At the moment he has higher then recommended so that should tell you SOMETHING. Granted nothing will fully answer the question until he tries it or the 1st reviews/YT videos pop out.

My main pc has trouble running this game at reasonable frame rates at 1080p with Auto settings, more so on some missions/maps than others.

Main Rig: Case: Corsair 750D
Power Supply: Corsair RM650i
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866
Video: Evga GTX 780 Ti
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (OS)
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)

At default/auto settings I'm getting 30-50 FPS with occasional points where it goes up to 60 FPS, and frequent dips to 25 FPS or lower. Game felt genuinely slow, with hitching and video glitches (such as rubber-banding). A GTX 780 Ti performs similarly to a vanilla GTX 980 by the way, for those who don't know that already.

Game got much more playable when I turned off ambient occlusion, dropped Texture Filtering to Anisotropic 4X, dropped Sun Shadow and Dynamic Spot Shadows detail to Low, anti-aliasing to 4x MSAA and disabled V-Sync. Left everything else on High.

Minimum: 44
Average: 95.41
Max: 132

I'm not sure how much VRAM it's eating up (didn't think to check while I was playing). Seems like it may benefit from more cores/threads in the CPU, as I recently learned from testing that my LGA1366 system with a 4C/8T CPU at 3.4-3.6GHz beats my 4.2GHz Core i5 4690K by 40-60 FPS in a game such as Battlefield 4 and scores a good bit higher on the 3DMark Firestrike benchmarks (beats it in standard, Extreme, and Ultra).

EDIT: it's eating up 2.4 to 2.6 Gigabytes of VRAM memory all of the time when I'm playing. Apparently it's pretty VRAM hungry. My card only has 3GB of memory on the card, so it's leaving very little VRAM available on the table.

This was a little surprising though, because I could play the original Titanfall with maxed out settings on a Q6600 @3.3GHz with something like a GTX 680 with maxed out video settings with good frame rates (and it plays great on my LGA1150 system) (not above 60 FPS, because I could never get above 60 FPS even with V-Sync turned off with any hardware/PC setup).

Last edited:
Back