• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New to the Green-no scaling adjustment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

My AMD software had a scaling adjustment for my display and it was easy to find. I need it and the disc that came with my card doesn't have it. It's bad enough that I'll have to go back to my old card if there's no solution.

And what do I need to open a .rar file if I don't like 7zip?

Last edited:
Scaling of what? Do you mean for higher resolution than your monitor supports? It's under the 3d options to turn on dynamic resolution I believe and the smoothness set by a multiplier. Otherwise if it is just windows scaling that can be done via the display settings in Windows.

No, with the Radeon software I could scale down the size of the desktop to fit my display (-5% I think). My icons are hanging off the edge and windows are too big for my screen. There was a simple slider in the Display tab.

It sounds like your monitor is doing overscan. Disable the setting on the monitor instead of the computer, otherwise your video quality will suffer.

I don't have an overscan setting. All I have for the display is Auto Aspect and that makes no difference on or off.

update: Found it. Didn't know about the NVIDIA Control Panel. It lowers my resolution a little, but everything fits.

Last edited:
Check to see if it's set at 59hz vs 60hz. My old HTPC did that all the time. If it went to 59hz, icons went over the edge. 60hz and it was perfect. Easy to check if that's it.

Back