• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 16GB to 32GB DDR4 Memory will not install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clark05

Hey Guys, It has been about 10 years since I last built my own PC, but I'm back at it again. I built the following and have had 0 issues until I decided I wanted to add another 16GB of RAM....

Intel Core i7-6850K
ASUS X99-A II
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" (2 x 500GB) SSD
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300)
Windows 10 Pro

I've installed the latest BIOS and have been tinkering with the settings. It only seems to read all 32GB when I use the XMP setting for overclocking. However, when I do she doesn't boot and I get a q-code: "BF". This rig is ridiculous and well beyond the power for which I need it, so I would like to keep everything default without overclocking. When I use the default settings I get the same thing q-code: BF. The computer doesn't boot. I only then have to press the "MEM OK" button on the MB to get back to the BIOS. From what I've read online this may be a power issue, in that the memory sticks aren't receiving enough voltage. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have the RAM installed in the priority both priority 1 and 2 slots. The computer right now is only recognizing the sticks in the priority 2 slots.
11_052416.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I actually resolved it by re-arranging the memory to this configuration: DIMM_B1, DIMM_D1, DIMM_B2, DIMM_D2. And she booted right up! Hello 32GB! :)

Weird, it should work best in A1/B1+D1/C1. Whatever works for you is good.
Check if it's working in quad channel mode ( CPU-Z or other soft ).

Back