• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V November: Realbench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I raised cache(you are calling uncore) to 4.5GHz already in my pass which beat you (again, not posted yet - but you will need more than 157K ;))... still have more a bit more left in the tank on that. So it was memory (3200 to 3600) and cache (4.1 to 4.5) along with killing some bloat. :)

Last edited:
Nice work E_D!

I'll hit it with the big hammer tonight and maybe multi GPU's and see what happens.

What's uncore, it has no benefit :chair:

CPU cache, seen it called 3-4 different things so i tend to stick to the term i "hear" the most :p

Kenrou / i7-6700k / Air / 156432 - Couldn't get 4c/8t 4.8ghz stable for the heavy multitasking part sadly, but the 1st 2 tests went up by ~7k.

I raised cache(you are calling uncore) to 4.5GHz already in my pass which beat you (again, not posted yet - but you will need more than 157K ;))... still have more a bit more left in the tank on that. So it was memory (3200 to 3600) and cache (4.1 to 4.5) along with killing some bloat. :)

Wish i could've grabbed a screennie before it crashed, but the bump on the 1st 2 tests alone would've put me at or near 158k @4.8ghz. Quite amazing the performance bump that the cache gives in this type of benchmark, too bad it doesn't do the same for games :(

My comment was more for E_D benefit. I know what cache is

So i have been playing with this recently and working on tweaking it. Have not really been successful in finding anything major but here is a small one I found worth about 1k points. Check out screenshots below for comparison.

snaphsot0012.jpg

snaphsot0015.jpg

Do tell....screenshots are extremely similar. Was never good at picking out differences between images! :p

1000 points is margin of error for me.. I'm all over the place, even excluding my always 3x longer than normal when the images don't pop up for a minute in the first bench there..

Last edited:
This one is repeatable for me. Look at the difference in the opencl subtests.

As for margin of error on this test I agree 1000 point for the total score is about the variance I have seen run to run.

Like I said gains are not huge but it can help.

The big hammer got the job done.

MetalRacer / i7-6950X / LN2 / 243295

capture021xxx.jpg

Memory speed was the absolute least contributor to my score, my Strix is running at a measly 1450mhz and i didn't change priority in Windows :D

Pop that cherry :attn:

wouldn't know where to start , if it was a real woman then that's a different story, but ask anyone here , I'm new to intel ,i was a AMD fan for the longest time

The big hammer got the job done.

MetalRacer / i7-6950X / LN2 / 243295
wow... 5ghz... well done. And well done on the two gpus... can that be done with the 1070 and 980ti?

And damn... forget the Cubs... maybe next year Indians.

- - - Updated - - -

This one is repeatable for me. Look at the difference in the opencl subtests.

As for margin of error on this test I agree 1000 point for the total score is about the variance I have seen run to run.

Like I said gains are not huge but it can help.
WHAT is the weak? :rofl:

Make sure to run this at least twice. I found the first run after starting the program can be bugged and can produce scores up to 5000 points lower than subsequent runs.

You can make it to reproduce bugged runs, higher or lower. I had +/- 50% results on my laptop when I was testing it last time. Also some of the additional applications are affecting scores in some sub tests.

So seriously... what is the tweak Loch? I can't see anything from the screenshot... :-/

Also some of the additional applications are affecting scores in some sub tests.
What does this mean?

Can we complete our thoughts please? :rofl:

I meant that realbench is like couple of tests in one and sub-tests can be affected by other software like C++/DX/drivers and some more. There are combinations which are giving 20k+ more or less points. I thought that Realbench will be dropped after various stability issues with hwbot version so I wasn't even using it for longer.

Now that is a hammer, nice run metal

@Woomack, this new version seems to be better but I haven't tried to submit anything either

This new version is strange, harder to get a stable overclock and the results are very different from the "real" RealBench. Screenshot was taken ~5 months ago, "slight" 10k difference :

Realbench.jpg

That's the same with many benchmarks. You have to watch that as some give way higher scores than other versions and sometimes the newest version is specified in the competitions

This is the newest 2.44 and its consistent with the 2.43 i posted above, whats different from the HWBot version besides the ~10k drop in scores ? (not complaining (well maybe a bit) but i am curious)

RealBench.jpg

Just a quick look at scores between the two shows a HUGE difference in the 1st benchmark as far as time to run it and the score... The 2.43 version shows 20s, while 2.44 shows ~50s for the same CPU at the same clocks...Scores are 232K vs 250K...

EDIT: I mean HWbot version and normal version....

Probably still a bit buggy as Woomack said earlier.

Got some nice runs going on....Keep up the great work...Going to bring a sledge hammer out to play......:attn:

Back