• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer XR342CK 34" UltraWide Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
while I dont own one personally, it's an ultra wide, super high def 10 bit color monster with adaptive sync technology.

That said, for "gaming" the acer predator or ROG line is probably going to be superior due to the refresh rates.

while I dont own one personally, it's an ultra wide, super high def 10 bit color monster with adaptive sync technology.

That said, for "gaming" the acer predator or ROG line is probably going to be superior due to the refresh rates.

The price being easier on the wallet is why I am even considering it over the other 2 you mentioned. No doubt the higher refresh rate of those other 2 would be better for gaming, but not sure if 75Hz would be terrible. I dunno, though.

For 800$ to play with, I'd be looking at THIS

I can get the monitor for much less than $800. I also want an ultrawide 21:9 monitor, just can't afford one with G-Sync right now. Was hoping there were a few owners of this monitor around here that would chime in. The monitor looks decent on paper, but I would be gaming on it as well. Just wondering how good of an experience that would be.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :thup:

The problem with ultra wides are not all games scale well to the odd resolution. It is becoming more common, however, there will be scaling (distortion) problems with some titles.

Outside of that, 75 Hz is better than 60 Hz if that is what you are after.

What is your budget anyway? I also note you do not have a GPU listed... you will want a solid one for the ultra wide... I wouldn't go less than a 1070/980Ti/Fury X.

The problem with ultra wides are not all games scale well to the odd resolution. It is becoming more common, however, there will be scaling (distortion) problems with some titles.

Outside of that, 75 Hz is better than 60 Hz if that is what you are after.

What is your budget anyway? I also note you do not have a GPU listed... you will want a solid one for the ultra wide... I wouldn't go less than a 1070/980Ti/Fury X.

I would be playing a little of the Battlefield (1 & 4) games, which will scale well at that resolution. I've already played a little on a friends ASUS 34" ROG monitor, which is certainly nice, but I am looking to stay under $800 on the monitor. I am hoping to see some nice deals during this holiday season, which is why I am simply researching monitors now.

An yes, I plan to get a 1070 soon as well.

Thanks EarthDog.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have each of those 27" monitors on my list of potential monitors, but leaning towards an ultrawide 21:9 30+ inch. I've already seen with my own eyes how awesome an ultrawide monitor is, and that's what I want. Just can't afford the G-Sync versions of these ultrawides right now. Looking for the next best alternative, or hopefully the G-Sync versions will go on sale during the Black Friday deals.

Not sure if y'all have seen an ultrawide 21:9 in person or not, but man, those things are nice!

Again, I really appreciate the input, guys! :thup:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Dell S2716DG is on sale at $699 at Best Buy. I picked one up at this price last month and I absolutely love it. 10/10. Sure, it's TN, but it's 8 bit TN and it looks great and has one of the lowest input lags of any monitor. G sync 1440P 165Hz. Sure, its not ultrawide, but I would not yet take that leap due to certain games not being fully compatible. Sure, ultrawide is nice, but what's also nice is playing twitchy FPS at 140FPS and having your inputs feel like they are instantly recreated on screen. Also, this Dell monitor has no detectable motion blur to my eyes. It looks better than my old IPS. I've been spending a lot of time on British tech forums lately and the Brits are crazy for this monitor. Build quality is phenomenal. Includes Displayport cable and everything you need. It's just great.

TN doesn't have to suck any more. Even my recently purchased 22" cheap-o LG TN looks an order of magnitude better than my first TN display I bought in 2007. Both monitors cost about $120. That's my setup, great 27" and mediocre 22". I like that better than an ultrawide.

I would hope so, it's an exceptional display!

I second this comment.

If this is for gaming, you really want Gsync. Once you have used it you cannot go back.

Exactly. It's a Pandora's box. Once you open it, you don't go back.

Last edited:
Back