• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NES Classic Edition console

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

Anybody else excited to pick this up next Friday the 11th? Nintendo typically does a good job with their emulation on Virtual Console and the selection of games is pretty good, I'm looking forward to playing games on it next weekend and seeing how faithful the controller is. Hope it does well and they release a SNES Classic Edition next.

I'd like to be able to find one....Canada so we'll see if there is any to be had.

I think it's a cool idea and the list of games is pretty solid. I'm a little disappointed there will be no way to add any games or anything to it. I think I'd rather stick with my retropi

I think it's a cool idea and the list of games is pretty solid. I'm a little disappointed there will be no way to add any games or anything to it. I think I'd rather stick with my retropi

I think I'm most excited about Nintendo making an official NES controller with the Wii Remote's Classic Controller connector. For those of us with a lot of NES Virtual Console games on Wii/Wii U or (ahem) [size=-5]Homebrew Channel[/size] it's really awesome and I'm looking forward to playing those games again with a classic NES controller that is well made, unlike the cheapo knockoff controllers with stiff d-pads and buttons.

Did you try an 8bitdo controller? I had plans of getting one in the next mass drop that looks like a snes controller. Have heard good things

Man, some of these eBay resellers and scalpers are the scum of the Earth. Those consoles sold out so quick and those rotten people are selling them online from anywhere from $300-$1500, for a $60 toy.

And I don't blame the retailers, I blame Nintendo for not meeting the high demand and encouraging the environment that allows these scumbags to thrive. Oh well, maybe I'll still score one by Xmas. Not paying over $60 though.

Nintendo are the kings of building excitement and hype with artificial shortages.

if they released a ton at once they would probably get low sales. so why not release small amounts every so often and rake the profits in.. they will probably ship more for the holidays so they can rake in the money..

i might get one but i'm not even going to bother trying till after christmas..

I managed to get the last one at my local Walmart 5 min after they opened. No extra controllers to be had...they only had 4? and were already sold out

if they released a ton at once they would probably get low sales. so why not release small amounts every so often and rake the profits in.. they will probably ship more for the holidays so they can rake in the money..

i might get one but i'm not even going to bother trying till after christmas..

They're already sold out everywhere in Aus. Ebgames (gamestop) had their website crash after they went on sale today from them, and that's AFTER doubling their server capacity... Everyone in Aus is complaining, i assuming because they want it before Xmas for their kids (or themselves :p).

I think what Nintendo does with artificial shortages is disgusting. This is a very simple design with readily available off the shelf parts. There is no excuse for this. I thought I'd be able to walk into EB Games and get one on the 11th. I was wrong. This is not fair, and very non-consumer-friendly on the part of Nintendo. I have seen these NES minis re-selling for $1000... just disgusting.

I'm considering not even buying one when the possibility arises. This was going to be my Xmas gift to myself but I am reconsidering giving nintendo any money for anything at this point because I do not agree with their business practices.

BTW- fun fact- The FPGA in the NES classic mini is more powerful than the original Wii.

Hi welcome to Tim Horton's, sorry we are sold out of coffee today.

That's kinda what this sounds like.

(Tim Horton's is a coffee shop btw.) :D

It used to be my fav. Then Burger King bought it and everything went down hill. Have you noticed the shrunken donuts since the BK overlords took control? There was a while there also where it looked like they had cut staff in half. Service was slow and terrible. I guess there was backlash because they're back up to having a sufficient number of people behind the counter.

I just get my coffee from McDonald's now. Cheeseburger goes better with coffee than rainbow sprinkle donuts (It's a hawaiian damnit not a vanilla dip!) anyways. :D

McDon's has better coffee anyway. I hear they source their coffee beans from Tim Horton's old supplier, Mother Parker.

We have tim hortons in america lol

And it'd be closer to walking to a car dealer and them going "sorry we sold all our cars today". They aint cryin xD

We have tim hortons in america lol

And it'd be closer to walking to a car dealer and them going "sorry we sold all our cars today". They aint cryin xD
I know there's a dew in the states, just wasn't sure if they were all over the place like up here lol.

Wonder if stock will magically replenish soon?

It works really well. I'm sure there will be more stock just in time for Christmas or possibly black Friday

It works really well. I'm sure there will be more stock just in time for Christmas or possibly black Friday

How long did you have to wait in line to get one?

I walked into my local Walmart right after it opened and managed to snag the last one they had without waiting

Back