• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd boards c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuickFast

shawn and scotty I'm on a break but need to fill in my AMD boards it's been fun buying 20$ boards but need boards after 939 don't like like I can cheap out form here on out -would like some input

looking where the bot is going- after cinebench I was lost for words :cry:

Edit-can a mod fix my tread remove the c -thxs

Edit- what if I gave metal how to get around furthermark yeah you getting fked

Last edited:
For AM2, I like the Gig 790X-UD4P.
For AM3 Phenom/Thuban, I like the Gig 890FXA-UD5.
For AM3 FX, Asus boards rule. Sabertooth, CH, or 970 Aura

Scotty has a good list 790/890 chipset for the older stuff and a good stout board for FX CPUs the AURA is a good choice for the price of it

Just a quick note, The 790 boards do need an easy vmod to get the vcore over 1.55v. Other than that, they are durable and reliable.

That giga does any way don't think my ASUS M4a79T does though. Can't even remember if I have tried it yet. Gawd you know you have too much shett when?

You're correct, my bad. I was specifically talking about the Gig boards.

Typically to cover AM2 to the current AM3+ you'll want three boards tailored to the socket. DDR2(790) for AM2 a DDR3 (790/890) for the PII/thuban then a decent 970/990 board for FX. 990 will run PII/thuban but sometimes you can run into weird issues when pushing high clocks like a CB that you wouldn't normally have or IMC troubles etc.. which will limit you clock.

Typically to cover AM2 to the current AM3+ you'll want three boards tailored to the socket. DDR2(790) for AM2 a DDR3 (790/890) for the PII/thuban then a decent 970/990 board for FX. 990 will run PII/thuban but sometimes you can run into weird issues when pushing high clocks like a CB that you wouldn't normally have or IMC troubles etc.. which will limit you clock.
All true. :thup:

Back