• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody else have a JAZ drive that can only use 170mb of storage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el

I am running xp on two boxes and for some reason I can't use my JAZ drive more than 170mb and then it hangs. could my disks be bad or is it just me. I tried two different drives and about 4disks so I know it isn't hardware must be with the adapter or with the file systems. any help would be great.

I now this is dumb, but you are using the correct install disk for the Jaz and not one for the Zip right? Have you checked for an update for the Jaz drive for Windows Xp on the Iomega or Microsoft websites? Those are my inital thoughts even though I don't have a Jaz. Hope this helped some how. :)

yup, my zip was crapping out on me, went to the iomega site, sl'd thier drivers, and now it works great AND has cool new icons;);)

yeah I tried that but I still don't have it working. I'll try again and see if maybe those disks are bad and if other disks work okay.

Your Jaz drive is kapput, just like mine. It can read about the first 300-350 mbs and thats it. I had tried everything I could think of to get it to work to no avail. I called up the techs at Iomega and described my problem with as much detail and they basically said the drive itself has gone bad. The way to test it is to take your disk and try it in another working Jaz drive. If it reads it fine, then its definetly the drive. My problem is I dont know anyone with a Jaz drive that I could test it in.:(

Btw, I was also told that it was a problem with alot of Jaz drives, but not enough to cause a recall. If its still under warranty send it out to get fixed.

EDIT: I just re-read your orignal post and noticed that you had the same problem with different drives. I'm not sure what the problem can be now.

Back