• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio connection question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So here's what I have on my desktop so far -

Modi Multibit
Magni Uber
Assorted headphones
Cheap *** Pyke PFA200 (planning on replacing soon)
Klipsch KB-15s

My question is what's the better way to get to get audio from the Modi/Magni to the speaker amp? Right now I have the amp plugged directly into my system's onboard audio, but whenever I want to change between headphones and speakers, I have to change the audio device in windows and restart any audio.

The Magni Uber has pre-amp outs, but I'm worried that'll eventually burn up any amp that doesn't have a pre-amp input. Will an RCA splitter from the back of the Modi work without adding too much interference? One set to the Magni, one set to the speaker amp?

The Magni Uber has pre-amp outs, but I'm worried that'll eventually burn up any amp that doesn't have a pre-amp input. Will an RCA splitter from the back of the Modi work without adding too much interference? One set to the Magni, one set to the speaker amp?

In theory I don't see why not.

In theory I don't see why not.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll just grab an RCA splitter and pull the signal directly off the DAC.

Is your amp an integrated amp or a power amp? With an integrated amp, you should not use a preamp. Feel free to use it with a poweramp.

Current amp? Integrated, but I'll be picking up a new amp down the line.

There will be some degradation with a Y splitter but I doubt you will notice it. I say go ahead. If you can find actual Y cables that are decent quality as opposed to using stand alone splitters that's better because it's one less un-soldered connection in the signal path.
I like Schiit stuff too. It's cheap for what it gets done, and it gets it done well.

Back