• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who uses a smartwatch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dlaw

Anyone here? I just got my new LG Watch Urbane, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's nice being able to see all of my notifications without needing to take my phone out of my pocket, and being able to switch watch faces is great as well. This smartwatch replaced my 3 year old Timex that the battery died in, and a new battery cost more than half of what I spent on the watch ($6, vs the $10 I spent on it). My options were either get another cheap watch, or get something nice that I can still wear to work (forktruck driver). I opted for the later, and I'm not disappointed.

So who else wears a smartwatch, and what do you think of them?

I have the original Galaxy Gear running a custom ROM. I really like how it can run regular Android apps, with the most used being a scientific calculator.

My favorite function of a smartwatch is getting emails and meeting reminders on my wrist without having to use my phone. Aside from that, and the fitness tracking, there's little else I use it for other than as a timekeeping device. I have the 1st gen Apple Watch.

Last time i used a watch to do anything other then look at the time it looked like this :

s-l1600.jpg

TV Remote Control function ? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO useful in bars :rofl:

Last time i used a watch to do anything other then look at the time it looked like this :

View attachment 184933

TV Remote Control function ? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO useful in bars :rofl:

My samsung gear 2 neo has an ir transmitter in it. I like to mess with the father-in-law with it. Also cool because I can use it to take pictures with my Canon T6i...

Now that I'm in rotations, a smart watch seems super useful - lots of the other providers have them for paging/rooming alerts.
Looking for a LG G watch R at the moment for this purpose. I finally see the use in them!

Also, that casio is super cool!

I use mine every day now, mostly for text messages and to quickly dismiss calls when I'm at work. I also use it for music while I have headphones in and my phone in my pocket, so I don't have to pull my phone out to change tracks. It's easily my favorite timepiece.

I have a cheapo I mean less than ten bucks smartwatch and it is convenient when on the road and that call you have been wwaiting for comes in..it has many features that are actually useful (for me anyhow)
I have been thinking of getting a slightly more expensive model that has a sim slot and a mem card slot effectively making it a phone in its own right, but I love my current cheap model and use it every ime I travel
BTW I hate my current keyboard...it's keys are too crammed together, and I hit more that on key at a time withj my ham hands, which is why I have removed the caps lock key completely .

Posted with my raspberry pi3 out in the shed

I have a cheapo I mean less than ten bucks smartwatch and it is convenient when on the road and that call you have been wwaiting for comes in..it has many features that are actually useful (for me anyhow)
I have been thinking of getting a slightly more expensive model that has a sim slot and a mem card slot effectively making it a phone in its own right, but I love my current cheap model and use it every ime I travel
BTW I hate my current keyboard...it's keys are too crammed together, and I hit more that on key at a time withj my ham hands, which is why I have removed the caps lock key completely .

Posted with my raspberry pi3 out in the shed

What watch do you use now that was 10 bucks or so?

I'm curious also. I was under the impression that sub-$50 watches were more trouble than help, at least when I was shopping for them. Have things changed?

Also, what keyboard are you using?

Back