• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does dual rx 480s compare to 1080 with latest drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1 single powerful card will run better than 2 in xfire/sli. Alot of game titles do not scale well with xfire/sli. If I'm correct there's just a handful of games that utilize dual gpu's and the performance is justified. I may be wrong tho.

Last time I had dual cards was the 470GTX's in SLI. The performance was lacking to say the least.

Another thread on your gpu solution? Probably could have asked in that thread. :)

Anyhoo...solid scaling in most titles on both camps. But as usual, there are titles with no scaling or poor scaling.

I think 2 480s are as fast or a bit faster than a 1080. Not worth the hassle to me. That single 1080 should be fine with high/ultra settings, many titles with a little AA, some may need it off.

Problem is the resolution isn't common so there isn't much testing. Pixels are between 2560x1440 anD 4k uhd. You will also have some titles that won't scale properly on an ultrawide... not a huge fan of gaming on those... would have went 4k or high end, high Hz, IPS 2560x1440 panel. :)

A lot of review were posted soon after the rx 480s release and heard that drivers had improved.

In a best case scenario they will perform better than a single 1080, with the latest drivers. In a worst case scenario they will perform like a single 480. What is the real question? A single 1080 is still currently a better option.

I would say that everyone is looking at this year with these answers. DX12 enables a radically different approach to multi-gpu management, so the scalling factor is much different than current tech.

I would say that everyone is looking at this year with these answers. DX12 enables a radically different approach to multi-gpu management, so the scalling factor is much different than current tech.

That doesn't change what I said.

Back