• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgraded multi tasking machine "xeon future II"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

er557

all is up and running, image uploaded,

I can max any game @4k ultra with AA, plus the vmware guests resume way more faster now, this is the pc of tomorrow, it should last many years

and no, the cpu didnt cost it's retail price of 7K $.....

Cool!

Was that cpu ever $7,000? It's a coupe years old, but if you need cores, you need cores!

You can host pics here at the site, fyi.. pic won't disappear if you do it that way either. :)

no raid, just samsung 750 ssd with rapid mode, that benchmark is probably higher than real life performance, due to caching taking place

WHY?? it is already faster than anything else miles away, xeons are not toys, they intended to work in stable environments, plus is probably locked down hard except bclck 2-4%~~, which would gain about 100mhz, otherwise it will not respond well to any tampering and turbo will not kick in.

WHY?? it is already faster than anything else miles away, xeons are not toys, they intended to work in stable environments, plus is probably locked down hard except bclck 2-4%~~, which would gain about 100mhz, otherwise it will not respond well to any tampering and turbo will not kick in.

More power is never a bad thing ;)

More power is never a bad thing ;)

it is at the cost of instability, energy and heat production, and an over-all net gain of diddly squat. Its not an i7 to just crank the voltage up and get it goin faster.

it is at the cost of instability, energy and heat production, and an over-all net gain of diddly squat. Its not an i7 to just crank the voltage up and get it goin faster.

You can cook some eggs too! And stability is for those who take no risks.

Jk i understand why not :).

instability isnt a cost, unless you are bad at overclocking.

Back