• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Way disappointed with XL2420Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

I had a dirty cheap Samsung T190 for 8 years without dead/stuck pixels issues. Nearly 2 years ago I paid premium price for what I expected to be premium quality from this XL2420Z.

Within a week the first stuck pixel showed up. It didn't really bother me because, derp, it was just one. 22 months later, a few minutes ago, 4 maybe 6 pixels in the top center of the screen died out of ****ing nowhere. I won't be surprised if more pixels die or get stuck within the next few days.

Lesson learned: not buying BenQ again, ever.

Well, BenQ didn't make the panel.

The company that made the panel is an OEM producer for a LOT of companies. Hope youre not buying a Dell, Acer, LG, BenQ, AoC, or ironically Samsung based on the panel failure. (Hint: samsung's cheaper lineup arent made by samsung, they are just badged).

1 pixel over 2 years for a 3d 144hz panel seems fair. Did you do any troubleshooting, or you just going "ah crap" and calling it a day?

The company that made the panel is an OEM producer for a LOT of companies. Hope youre not buying a Dell, Acer, LG, BenQ, AoC, or ironically Samsung based on the panel failure. (Hint: samsung's cheaper lineup arent made by samsung, they are just badged).

I know that's true with tvs...

1 pixel over 2 years for a 3d 144hz panel seems fair. Did you do any troubleshooting, or you just going "ah crap" and calling it a day?

Did you miss the '4 maybe 6 pixels died TODAY in less than 2 years' part? They're dead pixels (BLACK), not stuck ones (r/g/b). Those are not coming back. And NO, THIS AMOUNT OF PIXELS DYING IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS AFTER PAYING THE PREMIUM PRICE FOR IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR.

Did you miss the '4 maybe 6 pixels died TODAY in less than 2 years' part? They're dead pixels (BLACK), not stuck ones (r/g/b). Those are not coming back. And NO, THIS AMOUNT OF PIXELS DYING IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS AFTER PAYING THE PREMIUM PRICE FOR IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR.

its not really that high end of a monitor though, and its not even made by benq. There are "Tricks" that might work in restoring your dead pixels. Give it a google.

I agree, that sounds more like when LCDs were considered to be in infantile stage by many folks, way back in the socket 775 era...

Figured I would bump this thread instead of starting another. This is the most expensive piece of hardware GARBAGE I ever bought. Today I noticed 2 more pixels on the bottom center of the screen died.

For almost 8 years I had a mediocre Samsung T190 monitor, NOT ONE stuck or dead pixel. HELL my laptop FELL from 1-freaking-meter high, made a loud bang and NOTHING IN IT BROKE, NO issues with pixels, no reallocated sectors in the hard disk; ZERO problems.

Cheers from the newest anti-benQ customer. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back