• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop slowdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How would a PC botch as OS if the hardware did not do it, I don't see your logic here?

I've seen botched windows installs twice working at a repair shop. Installed windows, system behaved strangely, slow... reinstalled, problem went away. No bios settings were altered. I'm just saying, it happens.
No idea what the cause is and in both cases they were Core2 Duo based laptops and Win 7 64 was being installed.

Dangerousoul,

Did the clean boot help at all? Somehow I missed that your system was locking up during games, what graphic driver version are you using? Have you tried a different version?

-TC

What temps is your PC running? I've seen high temps cause all sorts of strange affects on a PC system. If this were a guessing game (which it is most of the time) I'm guessing to too much or bad thermal on the cpu, possible poorly seated memory and/or gpu in the socket. Those type of things will cause a botched OS install, where it's recognized and seen by the bios but when running power though it the connection is just good/bad enough to cause instability. This is just my $0.02.

-TC

10729218_780907182003223_10559655_n.jpg

:D :p

To be fair, the highschool kids doing coop at the shop did the initial install both times so they may have been at fault.

Dangerousoul,

Did the clean boot help at all? Somehow I missed that your system was locking up during games, what graphic driver version are you using? Have you tried a different version?

-TC

Nope mate, i installed 4 diferent drivers for my gpu all of them hangs in games. =(. I´ll go to the store today. It must be the gpu..

- - - Updated - - -

What temps is your PC running? I've seen high temps cause all sorts of strange affects on a PC system. If this were a guessing game (which it is most of the time) I'm guessing to too much or bad thermal on the cpu, possible poorly seated memory and/or gpu in the socket. Those type of things will cause a botched OS install, where it's recognized and seen by the bios but when running power though it the connection is just good/bad enough to cause instability. This is just my $0.02.

Temps are fine man.. My gpu reaches 68 69c and cpu never goes above 45c, So no problem there. I rechecked if it was seated correctly and it was. So no problem there also..Thermal paste is good also, I put always thermal paste on the middle of cpu then with my cooler it spreads evenly.. Don´t know what to do more..I did tests after tests.

Post back if the GPU replacement works.

Yeah mate for sure.. The machine is in the store.. I´ll tell u something when i have it back =).Its taking too long because of comic con =(.My guess is gpu or psu..It doesn´t last forever, if it is the case i think i will buy corsair rm850x 850w psu.

I had he xfx 850 pro series psu for 5 ish years i´ll send it to xfx.. 10 years warranty.. I will see what they say about it =).
I'm surprised. That's a very good Seasonic based platform. They will replace it I have no doubt.

Back