• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can we discuss "other" fittings for a moment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I went with the 12mm for increased flowrate. They arent as "attractive" as the 10mm fittings unfortunately.

Oh, and this is the case this stuff is gonna go in.

CA03AAD_144133_800x800.jpg

Still a sweet case! Especially for the cost too! ;)

I'm sure you already know I bought a chevy heater core to add to my loop for the video card :)

Still a sweet case! Especially for the cost too! ;)

I'm sure you already know I bought a chevy heater core to add to my loop for the video card :)

Nah I haven't seen that one! I've actually wanted to do that lol. can only find aluminum heater cores though....

Those look good bob. Completely different from the first post (read properly fitting and not brass). ;)

That case... the usb ports on top... usb3??? Pic shows they are black/usb2?

Those look good bob. Completely different from the first post (read properly fitting and not brass). ;)

That case... the usb ports on top... usb3??? Pic shows they are black/usb2?

Im actually gonna be shaving the top, so the usb ports will be disappearing anyway. That said, 2 usb 2.0, 2 usb 3.0.

edit: thanks :), told ya they dont look too bad haha

Last edited:
View attachment 185347

So far so good.... 2 hours in, not a drop. I'll wait 24 hours, but I feel its pretty good.

We use those types at work. In the thousands, honestly. Not every day, we fix broken stuff. Myself I have ordered easily over 500 with modification and upgrades. Mostly at 90+ PSI on air systems. Most of the fittings are 15+ years old and still going strong. Ours can be 4 mm to 10 mm OD.

Question... Why is the closer fitting not as tightened as the far fitting?

We use those types at work. In the thousands, honestly. Not every day, we fix broken stuff. Myself I have ordered easily over 500 with modification and upgrades. Mostly at 90+ PSI on air systems. Most of the fittings are 15+ years old and still going strong. Ours can be 4 mm to 10 mm OD.

Question... Why is the closer fitting not as tightened as the far fitting?

I simply didnt tighten it very much. I want a "worst case scenario" here.

As for your synopsis, VERY accurate. We are much the same. You guys using SMC as well?

I think I see an O-ring on the closer one vs none on the other?

nope, I do have a method to my madness. Fwiw, they WILL be getting o-rings!

edit: lmao, I was doing that on the cpu block, not the pump. You boys are just seeing some good ole fashioned laziness there xD

For a second there, I thought it was a case from Corsair. Nonetheless, nice case.

The corsair, anidees, and rosewill cases that are all similar are actually made by the same chinese OEM! Jongwoo or something like that... dont remember

- - - Updated - - -

Flebay has 'em by the bunch if you look ;)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/777286-Chevy-Heater-Core

Auto parts stores near me have a few, but prices are outrageous for the copper/brass ones :rolleyes:

Im a HUGE fan of repurposing things. My main concern about going that route are fit and finish, as well as finding a mounting solution that doesnt include zip ties xD

Im a HUGE fan of repurposing things. My main concern about going that route are fit and finish, as well as finding a mounting solution that doesnt include zip ties xD

Yeah I hear ya. I'm going to do my best to "dress-up" the heater core in black so it'll look good. Still tho it's a heater core so I'm not sure how good I can make it look aside from the mods like installing the barbs, paint and fan shrouds. As long as it looks good for me and it functions as it should, I'm good :D

I remember using heater cores back in the day. They were so much better than the available PC radiators of the day. I think my first was a Danger Den cube 2 man that thing had some nasty flow restriction, and then I moved to the I want to say chevette heater core after that. Good old days of liquid cooling.

Yeah I hear ya. I'm going to do my best to "dress-up" the heater core in black so it'll look good. Still tho it's a heater core so I'm not sure how good I can make it look aside from the mods like installing the barbs, paint and fan shrouds. As long as it looks good for me and it functions as it should, I'm good :D

I have some ideas if youre of an open mind xD

I remember using heater cores back in the day. They were so much better than the available PC radiators of the day. I think my first was a Danger Den cube 2 man that thing had some nasty flow restriction, and then I moved to the I want to say chevette heater core after that. Good old days of liquid cooling.

Danger Den.... why the heck do I recognize that name?

They had that awesome WC company. Things were slowing down And Dan's wife died I think. He shut it down. My Avatar is a res they made and here is a pic of them in Vegas. This is about 2010/2011. I used their CPU and GPU blocks On my first WC rig.

See if this works, public pics on my Photobucket of that event.

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/Conumdrum_2007/slideshow/2011 XS_OCF Meetup

Danger Den (forgot his name, Petra of PT-Nuke fame, Eddie of EK fame, Gene CEO of Swiftech, and Dan. IMG_0762.jpg

Last edited:
Back