• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone buy from B&H Photo Video Digital? Also a Zotac vs EVGA question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulwatch5

So was looking into buying a GTX 1070 and came across B&H and was wondering if anyone actually has shopped from there before? The reason I'm interested is that shipping is free and since its based out of NY I don't have to pay tax because I'm in CA. But I have never dealt or heard of B & H before.

I am also undecided what card to go with.

Zotac
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1262564-REG/zotac_zt_p10700b_10p_geforce_gtx_1070_amp.html

EVGA
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1282023-REG/evga_08g_p4_5173_kr_geforce_gtx_1070_8gb.html

I was leaning toward the Zotac because I don't plan on OCing from stock too much (if any at all), and the Zotac card stock speeds are better but I have never purchased from them either. What I was wondering is has anyone ever had to deal with their RMA? From time to time cards breakdown from any company, its just how they deal with it I'm more interested in.

I'm currently running and EVGA gtx 680 and the card hasn't gave me any problems. And everyone I've spoken too usually has good reviews toward EVGA so going that route wouldn't bother me either.

Thanks in Advance.

Bought plenty from B&H...solid.

Either gpu is fine. Never dealt with their rma. I'm sure it's mostly fine just like every other company sans a rare horror story...

(You people worry waaaaaay too much about these one off stories from rma...)

Second B & H stand up company

eVGA has superior customer service if that is important to you

Third for B&H, they're awesome. I agree with Witchy on EVGA having great customer service.

The only thing to keep in mind about B&H is that this is getting into the time of year where they close down for a lot of different holidays. I've never had an issue with them but the shipping is slow because they're in NY and I'm in WA so it usually takes 5+ days at standard shipping.

The only thing to keep in mind about B&H is that this is getting into the time of year where they close down for a lot of different holidays. I've never had an issue with them but the shipping is slow because they're in NY and I'm in WA so it usually takes 5+ days at standard shipping.

Don't all companies do this around this time? Do they take off more than normal?

Ive had nothing but good experiences with B&H.

Ive owned both Zotac and EVGA parts. Personally I prefer EVGA, but I never noticed any real difference between the two brands.

As far as I know, Zotac's customer service reputation is solid. I only recall hearing/reading positive things about it. Good performance for the money there. And just to give the dead horse a kick, yes, B&H is a solid company to do business with.

I have bought things from them on several occasions. Mostly printers. Good, reputable outfit.

Zotac makes budget sector video cards but they seem to be okay. By budget I don't mean lower end CPUs from a performance standpoint but from their choice of build compoents. They also have in the past made motherboards but they were not popular and not of particularly good quality.

Last edited:
Back