• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple Display Setup help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Greetings.

Here's what I'm trying to do with no success.

Display my laptop on my main screen.

Setup --> Main screen connected to PC via DP, and 2nd screen connected to PC via HDMI. All works just fine when switching to both or just one.

Tried to connect my laptop to my main screen (while PC is shut off) via HDMI cable. No matter what I do in my laptop graphics settings, switching screens, cloning, duplicating, the main screen will not turn on. Laptop shows the main screen in properties etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Setup --> Main screen connected to PC via DP, and 2nd screen connected to PC via HDMI. All works just fine when switching to both or just one.

so you are plugging HDMI into the screen with the DP connection right? Does it automatically detect where the input signal is coming from or do you have to switch it on the monitor from DP to HDMI?

Ahhh, you got it! Serves me right for doing this late when tired. Have to switch input in the main screen. Thanks!

Back