• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce Experience now requires I register and Login.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only new tech i buy is pc parts. I use my cellphone as a phone, much to the amazement of my peers. I'm 24, for context. lol.

Anyone know if I can get an old Installer with the un impeded shadow play? I went back and installed an older version down on the list on Nvidia's website, but when I try to launch Shadow play it just prompts me to update to a newer version. So I guess it's an older driver, but in a new package, just to make sure I can't get out of their telemetry stuff.

2.11.4.0 was the last GFE that didn't include signing in, and should be available in I believe 368.81.

2.11.4.0 was the last GFE that didn't include signing in, and should be available in I believe 368.81.

Nvidias Driver download page will only let me go back as far as 372.70.

They've got all the exits covered. ******** !

Any idea's where I could get 368.81 safely ?

Nvidias Driver download page will only let me go back as far as 372.70.

They've got all the exits covered. ******** !

Any idea's where I could get 368.81 safely ?

If you can't find it on Nvidia's site look at guru3d

Yes it can be uninstalled Alaric (I removed it from two of my PCs), but he wants to use something incorporated that is similar to fraps. So he wants an older version that allows use of that program without being forced to register & sign in.

Thanks for the help guys ! I actually found a reddit post with a link to just installer for GeForce_Experience_v2.11.4.0.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/2.11.4.0/GeForce_Experience_v2.11.4.0.exe

It still tries some funny stuff at first, but you go into C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update and rename the setup.exe file and it no longer tries to force me to update. I have shadowplay working again and no Login asked.

A TV I bought required I created a profile and registered the TV online in order to use it. What's more is the website wanted a credit card just to register the TV. Yea, they wanted me to have a payment method on file so that in case I wanted to buy some new backgrounds or whatever bullcrap I could. I returned it to the store pronto. Ads are getting totally out of hand beyond anything reasonable. The best way to fight back is to install ad blockers on EVERYTHING. U Block is the ticket right now, better than Ad Block Plus.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure of this as I didn't really test to see if newer drivers was indeed the cause/reason, but Shadowplay was not working with newer drivers. I had tried 37x.xx and 382.53 and Shadowplay would fail to to turn on.

[edit] I should have stated that Shadowplay in 2.11.4.0 version of GFE was not working with those latest drivers. I am still on 368.81 and it works fine. [/edit]

Last edited:
A TV I bought required I created a profile and registered the TV online or else it would not work at all, not even to watch Blu-Rays. What's more is the website wanted a CREDIT CARD just to register the TV. Yea, they wanted me to have a payment method on file so that in case I wanted to buy some new backgrounds or whatever bullcrap I could. I returned it to the store pronto. Ads are getting totally out of hand beyond anything reasonable. The best way to fight back is to install ad blockers on EVERYTHING. U Block is the ticket right now, better than Ad Block Plus.

What brand was the TV, just curious.

I'm going to suggest that the logging in for things that you never had to before isn't just about throwing spam at you. I mean, that's one reason, but the bigger reason is big data. Notice how they seemingly make it "easy" for you to login or create an account via your Google or Facebook? Yeah, sure - one click registration or signup is a lot easier than field-to-field entries, but then they have way more information than just your email address. They have your friends, your browsing habits, etc. Go to Amazon and look at a couple of video cards - I'll bet within the hour you're going to see those exact same products on most of the ad-supported websites you visit, as well as your FB ads and feeds.

Yes, you'll get spam in your inbox, but the bigger value in having you login/register/create an account is for widespread, targeted advertising (of you AND your friends). And yes, it's highly irritating. As others have suggested, get another capture solution and uninstall GFE.

One man's experience - ingest with a grain of salt.

I'm not 100% sure of this as I didn't really test to see if newer drivers was indeed the cause/reason, but Shadowplay was not working with newer drivers. I had tried 37x.xx and 382.53 and Shadowplay would fail to to turn on.

[edit] I should have stated that Shadowplay in 2.11.4.0 version of GFE was not working with those latest drivers. I am still on 368.81 and it works fine. [/edit]

I'm on 382.05 And I use Shadowplay

Create the following shortcut.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\LaunchGFExperience.exe" -shadowplay

Also, one for these

"C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update\ShadowPlay\nvspcaps.exe"
"C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update\ShadowPlay\nvspcaps64.exe"

Run the Later .exe's and then run your new Shadowplay shortcut.

Back