• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chevy Heater Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting that you chose to exhaust through the bottom. Can I ask why?

When I was exhausting out the top, the 480 was dumping a crazy amount of heat into the case. Cpu temps were climbing and because I had push/pull on the rad, it was sucking the heat from the vid card. Tho I had the rear exhaust, it wasn't enough to get cool air into the case, up towards the rad. Temps were seriously horrible to say the least.

Once I swapped the fans around on the rad, and have the bottom exhaust, my temps dropped dramatically. Rad is alot cooler and water temps are also cooler. Win-win ;)

When I was exhausting out the top, the 480 was dumping a crazy amount of heat into the case. Cpu temps were climbing and because I had push/pull on the rad, it was sucking the heat from the vid card. Tho I had the rear exhaust, it wasn't enough to get cool air into the case, up towards the rad. Temps were seriously horrible to say the least.

Once I swapped the fans around on the rad, and have the bottom exhaust, my temps dropped dramatically. Rad is alot cooler and water temps are also cooler. Win-win ;)

Improvise, adapt, overcome. That's solving problems in an orderly, military fashion right there. :clap:

Indeed. Curiosity is the only reason I asked. :thup:
It is not the mainstream airflow setup.

Seems completely bass ackwards, but if it works, hey, go for it! One of the many reasons I love OCF. If you have an issue, somebody here will find a solution.

Thx guyz! I had to think of something so reversing the airflow solved my temp issues, go figure, lol. It works great tho.

I find nothing wrong with it. I've been at differences with others on how air flow should be set. I'm a firm believer in giving rads fresh air then already used up air but I also believe not every situation is the same. At the end of the day, it's all about temps and sound to those that care for it.

Back