• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 960M OC in bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukn97

Registered
Hello !

I have laptop lenovo y700 with gtx 960m. Actually i OC this card in EVGA Precission +135MHz/+800MHz , how can i OC this card in bios. Somebody can give link or tutorial on pw. I know it's very dangerous but i want to try Just please don't tell me "you can broke your card" , "you can't do it ,if you are green".

BIOS Version 82.07.82.00.10

Temp. until game 70/79

Yes but in program i can set max +135MHz.I will try do it today.

First before i start i must flash bios ?

Ok I think its less dangerous than bios. I will try this later and give you info if this method will work.

Don't work for me maybe i do something wrong ?

When i first time run MSI Afterburner i got this message

I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

but dont for only +135MHz pls help

Last edited:
Hard to know if you did anything wrong.

Did you try another application? evga precision? Nvidia inspector?

No cause EVGA Precission dont have unoffical OC ? Or i couldnt found .

- - - Updated - - -

I add screen 2016-11-23 21_32_07-.png

I think you are out of luck without changing and flashing the bios...honestly, to me, it's not worth the 1-3% you MIGHT gain.

I'm worried about a laptops ability to manage the increased heat, as well as the risk of flashing in general...particularly on a laptop as you can just use a different gpu to flash again.

My laptop has very good cooler and i want to buy colling pad. I m not going over 80 temp. How i can Flash this bios to unlock more core clock any tutorial?

Can I Got any tutorial how to Flash this with another GPU bios

As I said earlier in the thread, you need to capture the bios using gpuz. Then you need maxwell bios editor to change some values (nkt sure what they are without seeing it).

Please continue to post in public.. it's a holiday here in the states so I may not be able to get to your thread soon. I'm also typing from a phone so it's difficult to spoonfeed these instructions. :(

Best i can do for now: https://www.google.com/search?q=hkw...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Oh, god I have problems froom beginning.....

GPU-Z: Bios reading is not supported on this device.

^_^

Any ideas ?

Oh, god I have problems froom beginning.....

GPU-Z: Bios reading is not supported on this device.

^_^

Any ideas ?

The reason you cannot read it is is because the GPU is not a removable graphics card. Some laptop models can have their graphics cards replaced (Alienware, Clevo/Sager, MSI). The Y700 has the GPU soldered on the motherboard. Therefore the motherboard BIOS also contains the video BIOS (or VBIOS). The BIOS from the laptop would have to be modded to get over +135MHz on the GPU clock on your graphics card. So unless you hire someone to do or can find a modded BIOS you are stuck where you are at.

I couldn't make much more on my 960M. You could try and flash it but if you make it wrong then you won't be able to fix it. +135MHz is like 1400MHz max boost. It's a good frequency. Desktop cards without additional mods can't make much above 1500MHz.

Back