• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrated in the Pacific NW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Anybody around here ever use an email address from onewaymail.com?

I purchased a 6600k from someone on ebay and paid immediately via paypal. It didn't come within the advertised delivery dates envelope so I emailed the seller twice and got no response. Four days past the delivery date terminus I opened a case with through ebay. The ebay rep asked me to send another email to the seller as I was on the phone, which I did. I asked for a refund. By the end of the day I got a reply via ebay email from the seller saying the item had been delivered, along with a tracking number. Still four days late, mind you.

I called the post office and they were able to ascertain that the package had been delivered to another address but it was delivered correctly to the address on the shipping label. They told me what the address was and the street name was correct but the street number was not even close. The recipient (an assisted living facility near me) refused the package and that is how USPS was able to sort this out. Supposedly they will get it to me late today.

With regard to the case, ebay decided in favor of the seller because tracking info indicated the package had been delivered. When I tried to leave feedback on the seller it was deleted by ebay because the case had been closed (a matter of policy they said). It was factual with no profanity. I simply said the item was not delivered in a timely manner and that the seller was unwilling to communicate). Needless to say, I 'm frustrated with the whole process.

I looked at the PayPal transaction and got the seller's email address. The domain was "onewaymail.com." Apparently this service allows you to receive email but not send it. I'm trying to bend my mind around this. Why would someone use a service like this? Does it lend itself to nefarious activity?

I have used disposable receive only email addresses for various purposes in the past. Sign up for some free download but have to provide an email that you know is going to get spammed to death, throw away email box here I come.

As to why you would use something like that for conducting legit business though is beyond me.

I have used disposable receive only email addresses for various purposes in the past. Sign up for some free download but have to provide an email that you know is going to get spammed to death, throw away email box here I come.

As to why you would use something like that for conducting legit business though is beyond me.

My thoughts as well.

The other thing I should mention is that the seller had no ebay track record. It was their first ebay experience, or so it was presented. I realized there was a risk there but I thought, everybody has a first time, right? Another curious thing was that the seller's location as given in ebay was in California but the package shipment originated from Kansas according to the tracking info. Now I know that major etailers have warehouses all over the country but this seller did not seem to fit into that category in shape or fashion.

Last edited:
Does this look like a 6600k to you?

So as you can see, the package finally made it to my house but inside was a surprise! The good thing about this turn of events is I believe I now have grounds to get my money back from ebay. You see, yesterday after opening the case with ebay and before the seller sent the tracking number and evidence of delivery, I had purchased another 6600k off ebay from a different seller (better price too!) so I don't need the first one anyway, especially seeing as how it turned out to be a Nintendo chip.

Edit: Picture removed.

Last edited:
Should get your money back now!! Story wasn't bad until you actually got the package!

Can't you communicate through ebay? I would have went through there personally instead of email... not sure you can use a one way email with them? Not sure.. eBay is a gosh darn plague so I stay away from it whenever possible.

LOL, Im so sorry ,and I know its not funny... but ya gotta have a chuckle at least. Thats just absurd at this point, and I sincerely expect you to get your money back now.

edit: on a side note, your address is now publicly available on the interwebs.

http://odditymall.com/moon-ring-farting-prank-engagement-ring

expect one of these soon :D

That's not my address. If you read the first post you would see the seller sent it to the wrong address. It happens to be an assisted living facility down the road from me. Same street. Different number. USPS rep looked at the tracking info from their end and gave me the address and apartment # it was delivered to. It just so happens that apartment was vacant cause the person who lived there either died or moved. The office staff a this facility had held out this package, therefore, to return it to USPS and that was the connection that caused all the pieces of the puzzle to fall together. Seems like a God thing to me. Had the apartment been occupied it might have unfolded very differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Should get your money back now!! Story wasn't bad until you actually got the package!

Can't you communicate through ebay? I would have went through there personally instead of email... not sure you can use a one way email with them? Not sure.. eBay is a gosh darn plague so I stay away from it whenever possible.

I did communicate through ebay all along. Seller never responded to my messages to him through ebay until I requested a refund. Sorry, when I said email I meant email through ebay.

Last edited:
Mockery? Who mocked you? Are you kidding???!!!!!

If you are talking about my :rofl: it was in reference to your IDEA Bob...not that I was mocking you... :screwy: :nuts: :cheers:

Apologies I wasn't more clear there.

Mockery? Who mocked you? Are you kidding???!!!!!

If you are talking about my :rofl: it was in reference to your IDEA Bob...not that I was mocking you... :screwy: :nuts: :cheers:

Apologies I wasn't more clear there.

Im in a LOT of pain at the moment... bear with the snark for a little bit xD Its all good tho, Im flyin high at the moment lol. As per the PM, I just take privacy pretty seriously, and I certainly dont want my address out there for the world.

Okay, since the seller sent me an item that did not match the one advertised in the ebay sale, I was able to open a new case. First I had to ebay message the seller informing him that he shipped the wrong item (as if he didn't know). Then I had to wait four business days for him to reply or not to my message. He did not, of course. Then I had to return the bogus item to the seller with a tracking number. When the tracking info shows delivery then ebay is supposed to refund my money.

Another twist to this whole thing is the return shipping address on the label supplied by ebay. Neither the name or address match the names or addresses of either the seller or the place the Nintendo game chip was sent from. Obviously, these people have some kind of shell game going on that makes it difficult to track them.

Last edited:
Back