• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good mobo to fire up 775 overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoaoAragao

Hello everyone. A few months back i was searching for a cpu to put in my old 775 system. I came putting one xeon x5460 and have faced a problem, my motherboard has fbs limitation of 399 mhz. Anything more don't post. So i was looking around one Asus p5q (deluxe or not) or one GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS4. Do you guys have more ideas of motherboards to overclock it past 400mhz+?

Thanks is advance.

:attn::attn:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

After searching for a while i think i came to the two best motherboards that i can ever get to overclock 775 socket!

Asus P5Q Deluxe and Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R.

Last edited:
Here are a few I could think of at the moment. There are others. Also, the one wingman suggested is a good one too.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (DDR2)
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (DDR2)

Asus Rampage Extreme (X48) (DDR3)
Asus Rampage Formula (X48) (DDR2)
Asus Maximus Extreme (X38) (DDR3)
Asus Maximus II Formula (P45) (DDR2)
Asus Maximus Formula (X38) (DDR2)

Thanks for the list of mother boards guy, always wanted to do a retro hi end 775 build, if only the parts weren't so pricey.

Back