• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommendations for wired gaming headset under 200$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

so my current Turtle Beach X12 really need to get replaced soon. i got them years ago cheap because i didnt think i would use a headset very much. turns out its all i use anymore and haven't had my speakers even turned on in like 2 years. time to go to something better. ive gone through a few articles about "best gaming headsets" but it seems most of headsets listed have pretty poor reviews. i also see alot of 7.1 headsets which i heard were poor sound quality and it was better using stereo headset with virtual surround. either way was hoping someone would give me some good recommendations. i dont really listen to music alot and i do game with VOIP so a decent mic is good but i dont need a perfect one. looking for a circumaural set so i dont hear all the nagging i hear when gaming. want a wired set either 3.5mm or USB. i almost prefer 3.5mm non-amplified because my computers USB ports have ALOT of electrical noise some reason but amplified is alright. perfer them to be black in color but really i dont care. my head is pretty average size and i do want it to be comfortable because these turtle beaches are not after a few hours. my price range, as always cheaper is better but id look up to 200$ and maybe more there theres one that really is worth it. i want a good quality set that will last as my main speaker for gaming and normal computering for several hours

The two best gaming headsets that I've used and reviewed would be the Sennheiser G4me one (if you want closed, get G4me zero, but I think it loses some fidelity) and the beer dynamic mmx300.

Alternatively I've preferred the sound from my Philips fidelio X2 headphones and you can add an in-line microphone like the vmoda boompro and get better sound and a decent mic for about the same cost.

I prefer open back headphones so I don't have any recommendations for you, other then what the other 2 respondents have recommended; Don't go with a gaming headset, stick with a good quality headset (the Sennheiser and AudioTechnica they recommended for instance) and use a quality add on mic such as a ModMic.

my mom was asking what i would want for xmas. i gave her a list of these because she knows i usually buy anything i want so she doesnt know what i havent bought yet. she was about to buy me a GoPro even tho i already bought one a couple weeks ago. i imagine she will probably get me the ATHM50X because they are the cheapest.

If you already have a webcam or desktop mic you wont need a mic for your headset. If you have no mic, just get a modmic and add it to the M50X.
Most people are happy with the M50X. It's not bad at all for the price.

Back