• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What games should I buy next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I'm thinking of Dishonored 2 (once they patch it to run properly) and Planet Coaster as well as Elite Dangerous.

Sure, I could buy all three, but I'm trying to curb my addiction to buying games. I don't finish them because I'm spoiled for choice. I'm leaning towards Planet Coaster... Thoughts?

I've only ever played Elite Dangerous out of that mix. I find it fun to play...but I played the old one from back in the early 1990s. This one is far, far larger and more immersive...

Doom was great, but you have to have grown up with them to really like it I think.
A few 'younger' coworkers didnt like it, but they're mostly in to GTA V or BF1 (neither of which interest me).

IMHO the only upcoming game worthy of a purchase is Mass Effect Andromeda, the 4K ingame footage looks absolutely amazing :)

Doom was great, but you have to have grown up with them to really like it I think.
A few 'younger' coworkers didnt like it, but they're mostly in to GTA V or BF1 (neither of which interest me).

I got to play the original Doom before it was released shareware...one of the consultants we had working for the company helped write the game.

I was like "all this fit on a 3.5 inch floppy???" ( I think it was only 1 - hehe).

By the way ... in case you didn't know ... the BFG 9000 ... BFG stood for Big Freaking Gun!

If I don't get them, I'll definitely buy them!

Both those games are 10/10. Doom was so fun. I binge played the campaign on hard it was so epic...

Anyways, last couple of days in the steam sale I bought Mass effect 1 for myself (I've played all 3 ME already) and I got Mass Effect 2 for my broke friend who has not played it. Also got Intensive Exposure (a LOL type game) and RYSE Son of Rome for myself.

Ryse is a very pretty game. It's a bit linear and the action is meh but it's pretty and for $5 I'm not complaining. All these games were $6 or under actually.

Sadly Steam doesn't not have the DLC's for Mass Effect 1/2/3 as far as i know, you can buy them through Origin (which also has a few free to download for ME3). Trust me on this if nothing else, you can play the games without them ok, but you miss out on SO much story if you do... plus the save game passes from 1 to 2 to 3, so every decision you make counts towards the final ending, and you get many extra dialog options and extra defense points from them :thup:

I don't really do DLC's these days because I feel like they are mostly rip-offs... Still it would be nice to experience the full ME story.

Everyone says Planet Coaster is pure gold, but what do you guys think of Dishonored 2? Anybody played it? Thoughts? I dig the concept but that doesn't mean it's good/fun.

Well, I just forked out some Canadian dollars for Watch Dogs 2 and Planet Coaster. I really like the open world games with modern settings and apparently Watch Dogs 2 is actually optimized for PC (And it's a Ubisoft game. Queue classic 50's Twilight Zone theme music)
Will post a review of both games once I put some time in.

346minutes.jpg

So I played about 2 hours of Watch Dogs 2 and refunded it. Not because it's a bad game, not because it is unoptimized, but because it is so buggy that it breaks any possible suspension of disbelief. Cars stop on a dime and start flipping around and rotating for no reason. Or they disappear when they get 100 feet ahead of you, and clip back in and out of existance. The driving feels really fake like in Sleeping Dogs. Overall it just didn't rub me the right way. Maybe I'm spoiled by GTA5, in which I have like 200HRS. I don't know.

On to the good stuff

Planet Coaster is a gem. Instant classic. This is the best coaster game I have ever played. It's perfect. Go buy it right now. Look on youtube for some of the amazing things people have created with it. It's amazing. Highly recommended. I've put like 5 hours into Planet Coaster since I bought it at like 7am.

I of course recommend Doom as well.

Out of the three you mentioned I would have to go with Elite Dangerous, it is so massive it's worth the money. The Horizons season pass is also a good value because it adds new content and allows landing on planets.

I loved BF 1942/43 BF2, BFBC2, hated BF3, didn't play 4 or Hardline.

I think I've been spoiled lately by Overwatch which is just such a perfect game and it's really difficult for any FPS to ever live up to it.

I think I blew an FPS fuse.

Back