• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downgrading Windows 10 To 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

passion4tech

I have asus laptop G551VW-FY212T and windows 10 has a lot of issues, I can't reset windows 10 os it gives me error so I just want to downgrade to windows 7. How do I downgrade to windows 7? Should I do it though bios or in windows 10? Now I heard of this Chinese program called driver genius which is suppose to download drivers for computer that does not support windows 7. Problem is though it is in Chinese so what other way can I download windows 7 drivers for this laptop? I have a windows 7 disc to put in my laptop but the track pad and keyboard are unresponsive during windows 7 setup. External mouse keyboard do not work either :(

For the external keyboard and mouse, try a different USB port. Many times the USB3 ports are driven by chips that need drivers installed before they will work. Otherwise, I am of little help. Sorry.

From a personal perspective, I would stay away from the program that you mentioned. That's just my own paranoia. Finding drivers can be a chore but drivers for Vista/7/8/10 would all be reasonably the same. Assuming you select the proper 32/64 bit. While your laptop manufacture may not have the drivers, chances are the individual manufactures of the USB chip/touch pad and other devices do have windows 7 drivers. Identify those decives while in Windows 10 and use that information to find the drivers.

Why don't you backup your personal files away from the laptop.
Then nuke it with a factory reset back to Windows 7 factory setup.

Keep tapping F9 at boot. It will give you the option to nuke your laptop, (format the hard drive) and factory Windows 7 with all drivers working like they did on day 1 at the store will be installed.

Back