• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 9 15" display vs ASUS 13" vs ASUS ZenBook UX303UB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

If anyone owns a Samsung Notebook 9, I'd appreciate the input. Doesn't have a discrete graphics a bit concerned (prob won't use it for gaming)

Uses surfing the note, MS Office, maybe some minor photo editing.

I REALLY liked the 15" screen and how light it was. I haven't seen such a laptop before.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing...book-9-15-led-full-hd-core-i7-np900x5l-k02us/

VS

The ASUS 13"" screen, discrete graphics card

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VHVZF...e=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B014VHVZFQ

Or something else??

On portables, the first thing I usually look at is screen real estate for the buck.
On your linked items and for your stated usage, I'd go with the sammy.

On portables, the first thing I usually look at is screen real estate for the buck.
On your linked items and for your stated usage, I'd go with the sammy.

I hear ya there. The ASUS has ~500 Gig SSD, the Samsung only has 256 SSD.

Also, the ASUS has a backlit keyboard. I had a netbook that didn't have a backlit keyboard and I realized that's a feature I really do want. But a larger screen, may be enough to entice me elsewhere. I don't know.

I put the Samsung and and equivalent sized ultrabook next to it. The 15" certainly seemed "huge" compared to the 13".

Both of these are well beyond the amount I had hoped to pay, I can afford it, don't get me wrong. But to get the formfactor (including weight) and HD/SSD storage space I'd like to have, seems I have to spend north of 800$:-/

Look at it another way. You can upgrade via aftermarket, almost everything later.....except the screen size.

Look at it another way. You can upgrade via aftermarket, almost everything later.....except the screen size.

I know, it's a tough call. If the Samsung had a backlit keyboard I'd get it w/out a second thought. I checked out the equivalent 15" from Asus, that's 4.5-.8 lbs, "a lot" heavier than the Samsung above, so no sale there. Eh, there really isn't the perfect ultrabook out there. I loved my HP netbook.:bang head

Back