• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG 570TRIX (modded Corsair 570X) by SimpleModz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexciobanu

Hi guys,

Welcome back to another one of my build logs! This time I am working on the newly released Corsair Crystal 570X tempered glass case!

I would like to thank everyone at Corsair for giving me the opportunity to work on this case as I know this was sent to a group of elite modders world wide! I'm simply honored to be considered for this and see myself up there with the talented people that I look up to and inspire my work!

The 570X is a case with tempered glass on pretty much all sides and it's truly a stunning case. My build will be all about elegance and luxury as well as drawing a bit of inspiration from the crystal series name.

SPECS:

Case – Corsair Crystal 570X
Motherboard – TBA
CPU – TBA
Memory – 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM
GPU – TBA
SSD – 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD
PSU – TBA

Custom Cables - CableMod

Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Corsair HD120 RGB Fans

To start off the build log I did a quick unboxing presentation of the case. I hope you guys enjoy it and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

Time to start making some progress on this build so I started stripping down the case.

Next step will be to fully take it apart by drilling out all the rivets however I need to work on some things before.

More to come :)

NE3s8Jm.jpg

52RtaoJ.jpg

rID9Cmk.jpg

YBAEldx.jpg

A great thing about the 570X is that you can take both the front and top fan/rad mount out by just undoing two thumb screws.

TJiQ8oQ.jpg

IY0GjDf.jpg

This then leaves the top and front fully open.

q6XSBoh.jpg

AyTgggp.jpg

mFNZLTu.jpg

eQezaV2.jpg

Nq9zzBv.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

I've been working on my design for this build and ended up cutting a lot of acrylic for it.

Here's the near entire pile hahaha. I'm still working on my idea and refining it but I think it should turn out pretty nice.

GuU3fEA.jpg

Different panel sections that I am working on

Lav9XeS.jpg

This will be on the back to hide some cables and the rest will be displayed nicely behind the motherboard tray through the tempered glass panel.

rngkDMV.jpg

I have them numbered and named hahaha as there are so many of them.

FNlv4wC.jpg

WIcH1yj.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

The custom paint for the main panels is now finished! The parts that are still black are scuffed as I was going to do them silver as well however I decided to leave them and it works out better this way. I will just need to re-spray them black now in order to fix up the scuffing.

Anyways, let me know what you think so far! Stay tuned as there's more to come!

eQ8dHaV.jpg

LSLkLIL.jpg

Ha0L1re.jpg

szJRjph.jpg

Ya6Gln9.jpg

veoAB9A.jpg

AkJA5Kr.jpg

ynk0HxE.jpg

jATAL2T.jpg

eudp3JC.jpg

EG5mt1B.jpg

Mhn1aGo.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Wow that color looks awesome. it's not silver but it looks like it, alot of metal flake in there, looks like a sparkle black chrome something 1 rather. Diggin the look so far.

Wow that color looks awesome. it's not silver but it looks like it, alot of metal flake in there, looks like a sparkle black chrome something 1 rather. Diggin the look so far.

Thanks a lot man! Yea it's a silver with a lot of metal flakes, I'm pretty happy with the result :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

Merry Christmas! Just wanted to do a quick update on the build :)

With the majority of the case work now finished I will have to turn to the smaller details now and you guys will get to see that in due time.

Before that I want to showcase some of the components, the new H100i v2 and the Corsair HD120RGB fans. I am very excited for getting to use these fans :D

SQrHx0N.jpg

kq2MeOv.jpg

NU3e0JG.jpg

3tXvVIM.jpg

M6DOInE.jpg

I'll have more updates in the new year or sooner if I can :)

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

And a Merry Christmas back atchya. Those fans are gonna make that case glow with that silver and metal flake paint I'm thinking, should look super awesome.

And a Merry Christmas back atchya. Those fans are gonna make that case glow with that silver and metal flake paint I'm thinking, should look super awesome.

Thanks a lot! Yup, I'm thinking the same! I will be adding some acrylic cover panels but should still look good :)

Hi guys,

A quick update on the PSU shroud design I am doing :)

WOQhvrV.jpg

oSgZ1yG.jpg

Aw11oP6.jpg

ZBwbJtE.jpg

Just needs a bit of a clean up and some clear coat :)

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I have a few more photos to share on the project however beyond this point I can't really share much due to NDA stuff. The build will be finished shortly and very soon I will be able to show everything so stay tuned.

I have most of the core components in at this point. I just need to finish the rest of the panels for the case and a special effect for the outside glass panels. Half of the cable management is done as well with all the fans and H100 cables sorted. There will be a cover panel going over this area which I shared before.

ZL4CSB8.jpg

vGfRUJ9.jpg

hAo2loR.jpg

inNXRka.jpg

raMz9pl.jpg

bIHonmO.jpg

lCcMmLQ.jpg

89sKfNq.jpg

GMdQ2o9.jpg

lhv7R2V.jpg

rcWXssv.jpg

MzIWB68.jpg

3znKCNy.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

The build is nearly finished and now that Kaby Lake and Z270 is out I can share a bit more of the progress :)

The motherboard being used is the new ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E and the CPU is the new i7 7700K.

Check out the progress pics.

49ANVhF.jpg

N5ZMJdS.jpg

vhPEJDI.jpg

swagfAL.jpg

uw4PJ7o.jpg

Wx7ZpCM.jpg

WQSu55G.jpg

AtS2fy6.jpg

pDre2EW.jpg

iAkFGRD.jpg

3M38Txc.jpg

Also here's a sneak peak at the awesome laser etching done on the glass with the help of my good friend Stephen from Oz Modz.

jsZIzKM.jpg

Stay tuned for final pics.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted on the forums :)

I finished the build in early January and then shipped it off to Corsair HQ before heading on a much needed holiday to the USA (my first time there). I had an awesome time there and I also got to actually visit Corsair HQ in Fremont which was definitely one of the highlights and a big honor. I'll have some pics to share in here for those interested to see.

I've been back for about a month now and slowly starting to get back into things but also super busy. I'll shortly have some more build logs up as I'm currently working on 3 builds at the same time. But first, I just realised that I never finished this build log with final pics, so here they are!

xyi3Lcs.jpg

wyEJpoC.jpg

V4d8oBU.jpg

JooslJ9.jpg

Qh4GOpD.jpg

nTiVzZW.jpg

Bq6zx9z.jpg

1K5x70D.jpg

gb546Q2.jpg

AMiYyQA.jpg

DBNrtOj.jpg

cDtnWH1.jpg

Hope you guys like it, if you haven't seen it anywhere else by now :p

Cheers,

Alex

I got to see it on corsair's Facebook profile. Looks super clean as always. I enjoy the light glow of the interior quite a bit.

Back