• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FedEx Ground moron delivery service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
It doesn't surprise me that these ding-a-lings ever get the simplest of jobs right. Here's the lick:

Ordered a brand new chevy heater core off ebay at a great discount for a cooling mod. Wait about a week and it arrived this past Saturday morning around 5-ish. Figured I'll get it early instead of the stated delivery date of today (11/28). Nope, not such luck. They have me wait the entire weekend so it'll be delivered today.

Check tracking again, yep it's on the truck. Now the waiting game begins....I check tracking and this time is shows: Delivery exception: Customer not available or business closed. Now I start to get a bit heated as I've been home all day waiting for this dam box.

Open my door.... no notice of any kind left. I decide to go downstairs to the lobby and check. Right on the entrance door there's the notice :mad:

Come back upstairs and make my call. Get a rep really fast. Cool lady named Margarette. I explain my problem in a cool fashion keeping my anger in check. The driver never rang my bell or made an effort to put the notice on my door. There's a tenant directory in alphabetical order along with Apt # and corresponding intercom number. All he had to do was look to the left and there it is. Literally 12 inches away from your face. How do you miss something as big as that? Hell if he didn't want to take the elevator up to my floor, I would've been more than happy to meet him downstairs in the lobby. She apologizes and starts to clack away on her keyboard my specific instructions to the driver for tomorrow am.

At closing she adds; "some of these guys don't have 2 working braincells and I'm the one who has to clean up the mess". We both have a good laugh and I wished her well and hung up. Rep was cool.

Seriously how the hell do these guys get hired? :rolleyes:

Ah yes I've had that issue to but it was a house with a door, not even an building.
My guess these are the backup drivers for the holidays. So they are doing it for extra cash and don't give to #*@$ about the job. Sadly it makes a bad name for the normal delivery drivers and additional help that actually does care.

I've had this issue before as well. Sometimes if they're delivering during the day when I'm not normally home, they will actually fill out the delivery notice slip without even knocking (noticed this from the times I HAVE been home). And don't get me started on USPS...

I just opened my mailbox today and found an HDMI switch stuffed inside, crumpled packaging, along with a good solid pound of junk mail, also crumpled. USPS, gotta love 'em.

Dam. I remember the good 'ol days you would know each delivery person be-it USPS, UPS or FedEx on a personal level. My old mail carrier was awesome. Even when I wasn't home, he would leave the packages with my neighbors who were also cool. Soons I got home they would knock on my door and hand me the packages saying "hey Harry left these for you". Come the holidays I would give him a greeting card a hundred dollar bill. Same went with the other delivery guys. They went beyond the call of duty to make sure I always got my packages safe and sound. I would show my gratitude with greeting cards and money.

I know those days are long gone. Sad too. This particular guy I wanna hit over the head with a monkey wrench just cause :mad:

I'm with you on that one Pops. We get a different USPS driver with some regularity since Bill retired. He got homemade treats from us at Christmas and other times of the year. UPS driver even came to Thanksgiving one year; another I used to shoot billiards with at a local tavern. Those were the days.

I had a UPS guy stick a "nobody home" note to my front door-while I watched him through the window in the door. I called and the dispatcher caught him before he left the complex and she said he knocked and nobody answered so he wasn't going back. I begged her to make sure he was the one who came back the following day. Got a different guy. Probably best for everybody concerned. LOL

Welp, it's about 9am here, time to start playing the waiting game again. Lets see how long it takes this guy to show up today. I'm gonna try my best to keep my cool as I really don't want to smack him with my heater core :rofl:

*Update*

Just recieved the box @ 2:30pm. So far it's looking good. Pics up @ my Heater Core Thread .

Last edited:
Dam. I remember the good 'ol days you would know each delivery person be-it USPS, UPS or FedEx on a personal level. My old mail carrier was awesome. Even when I wasn't home, he would leave the packages with my neighbors who were also cool. Soons I got home they would knock on my door and hand me the packages saying "hey Harry left these for you". Come the holidays I would give him a greeting card a hundred dollar bill. Same went with the other delivery guys. They went beyond the call of duty to make sure I always got my packages safe and sound. I would show my gratitude with greeting cards and money.

I know those days are long gone. Sad too. This particular guy I wanna hit over the head with a monkey wrench just cause :mad:

We live in a very distrusting, anonymous world. Everything is done official like so they can say it's been done instead of doing the thing that makes common since. Everything is so sterile. Done by computers instead of in person.

I walked up on the usps delivery lady as she was writing a "nobody home note"- told her I needed the package that she had to be delivered. She got it out and handed it over- but she wasnt going to get out of her truck to put even the note on the door.
but ups is the worst in my area by a long shot

I live in a multi-family home renovated into 3 separate apartments. Needless to say for a house in the city of Chciago we receive A TON of packages every week. On top of that I live on the upper south side so to say the least when it comes to package delivery it is the freakin' wild wild west here most of the time.

Since FedEx now no longer requires signatures on delivery because they can't get retail companies to pay extra for it, I have to watch each and every package like a hawk. I had a nice long discussion about it with my typical FedEx guy who is sadly retiring and had no hesitance to spill the beans about what direction the company is taking. He used to be great and always checked both down and upstairs to see if someone was home to accept the package regardless of who it was for. The NEW FedEx guy walks up to our house and just throws the packages under our stairs down in front of our neighbors door who lives in the basement level. He doesn't even bother to see who the packages are for or if anyone is home. He is lucky though that between the basement neighbor and myself we have several security cameras up because it was a highly noticeable change in our neighborhood.

Now because this guy made it a habit to "hide" the packages under the stairs rather than try to knock and see if someone is home one of the neighborhood kids started peaking into the packages because of how obvious it was that several hundreds of dollars worth of retail items were ending up down there.

It was like a bad real-life cartoon watching the FedEx guy on camera toss several pieces of electronic equipment 5-6ft down to the basement level from the sidewalk and if that wasn't bad enough 5 minutes later the kid with sticky fingers would start scouting out the area to see if anyone was home/looking.

It took us 3 months to figure out what was going on as several packages would be opened, but the items inside would be untouched (he obviously didn't want the shampoo, conditioner, and make-up products my girlfriend was ordering). Thankfully I was home most days when I had high-profile items being delivered and my neighbor was also able to snag up 3 monitors I had recently purchased. So between USPS coming twice a day and FedEx pretending they check to see if you're home - we would end up with a nice little treasure heap under our stairs that would be visited frequently. Luckily when the kid did make a move for the first time he only ended up with an DVI to DP adapter and we were able to see which house he went back to from the surveillance footage.

I am surprised to say it, but I have been having better experiences with UPS in the last year and they used to be horrible in the Chicago suburbs where I used them on a daily basis. I don't understand why it so difficult to walk up the 10 stairs that goes up to our apartment and knock. These guys aren't getting an award for whoever completes their route first or whoever delivers the most packages. It's just negligence and disrespect for everyone they are supposed to be there to serve and there is ZERO accountability.

Something positive and refreshing from the one off morons... :)

I was expecting a part that needed a sig and managed to miss the delivery by 15 mins. About an hour later the guy swung back through my neighborhood, saw my car in the driveway and STOPPED AGAIN!!!!!! Got my package the same day without going to pick it up. :)

Joe hired a hooker for the delivery guy in the past- apparently. Seems that dont happen around here

Joe hired a hooker for the delivery guy in the past- apparently. Seems that dont happen around here
A smile and a giant, uhh, tip............... at Christmas sure does help.

Kidding... lol.. never met the guy. Just moved into my house 3 months ago. :)

Another one: Ordered an Ink Toner Cartridge for my printer as it was on sale on 12/2/2016. The next 4 days nothing about tracking info or delivery date. Just checked and it's scheduled for delivery on 12/10/2016 via fedex smartpost.

Package is coming from Edison NJ and it's taking over a week to get to me. Un@#$%ing believable :rolleyes:

Sounds like the place you ordered it from and the shipping option had everything to do with it???? Why do you blame FedEx for this?

How it works:
You can get your shipments to your customers quickly and realize significant cost savings with FedEx SmartPost® from FedEx Ground. FedEx SmartPost uses FedEx to ship packages to the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) system destination closest to your customer, and the postal worker carries it the last leg for delivery. FedEx SmartPost uses a highly efficient, cost-effective network specifically built to tender low-weight, non-urgent packages to local USPS destinations. This ability to inject packages into local post offices is known as “zone skipping,” and it enables FedEx SmartPost to provide the highest-quality delivery service, in the shortest time, at the best possible price.
Here is how it works:
Based on your average daily shipping volume, we offer a customized solution to get your packages from your facility to our high-tech distribution facilities for same-day sorting.
After sorting at a FedEx facility, the packages are transported using the FedEx Ground shipping network.
When your shipments arrive at the destination hub, the packages are moved to the local post office.
The USPS then provides the “last mile delivery” to your customer.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/network.html#tab2

Sounds like the place you ordered it from and the shipping option had everything to do with it???? Why do you blame FedEx for this?

How it works:

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/network.html#tab2

Waitaminute: I can mail a letter to NYC/NJ for $.50 cents and it gets there in 3 days or less. Mom has always received her mail from me in 2 days. Yet a package (that's "cost effective") from close to the same location, travels the same distance, yet takes over 8 days to me? That's NOT by any means "customized" And yes I'm again blaming FedEx and their "highly efficient, cost-effective network specifically built to tender low-weight, non-urgent packages to local USPS destinations." So when I chose "free shipping" that means it takes a longer time to reach it's final destination and I'm supposed to be ok with that? No I'm not ok with it.

I can see it coming from CA, then yes I understand perfectly why it takes a longer time as it's travelling a longer distance. It's roughly 160 miles from me to NYC and takes me 2 hours @ 75mph to get there. Maybe 3 hours to NJ as the traffic there is horrible, but 8 days to travel the same distance? I can understand 3 days to process the package and another 2 days of travel. Total is 5 days, but then they make it 8 days, oh and don't forget the additional day or 2 as the package will sit at the USPS annex until after the weekend and "provide the highest-quality delivery service, in the shortest time" What a joke.

I rather just buy my crap locally, pay a few bux more and have it the same day. Ordering online saves me what, a few bux? The money saved when I order online is spent on Tylenol.

I can see it coming from CA, then yes I understand perfectly why it takes a longer time as it's travelling a longer distance. It's roughly 160 miles from me to NYC and takes me 2 hours @ 75mph to get there. Maybe 3 hours to NJ as the traffic there is horrible, but 8 days to travel the same distance? I can understand 3 days to process the package and another 2 days of travel. Total is 5 days, but then they make it 8 days, oh and don't forget the additional day or 2 as the package will sit at the USPS annex until after the weekend and "provide the highest-quality delivery service, in the shortest time" What a joke.

This is precisely what upset me when I was expecting to receive an m.2 drive I ordered. I ordered it on a Thursday morning and it was processed and shipped by the late afternoon. It's a 2-3 hour drive from Chicago to Indianapolis where it shipped from and it took 8 days with Newegg premier plus roughly 10 interactions with Newegg customer support just to FIND OUT WHERE the package was when it magically went from an expected delivery of that Friday to "No set delivery date". Eventually it showed up in a regular mailer the Saturday after.

FedEx seems to be really going down hill on their reliability.

Back