• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android TV remote

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi there,

Having problems with an android remote I got off ebay. I previously brought the exact same one for my parents and its possible to scroll up and down while in chrome by holding the ok button plus directional arrow. Got the exact same one for myself (from a different seller) and this one can't do it. Both myself and parents are using the exact same tv stick aswell (again from different sellers).

Any ideas help suggestions? Don't fancy using a phone as a remote.

Regards,

Bandit.

Maybe the one you got is broken with regard to that function. Or, maybe a firmware update is needed.

I am thinking possible firmware update required since the actual ok button does work to confirm things just when I try to use in conjunction with an arrow to scroll like the other remote I got from another seller it does not work. However have no idea how to firmware update the remote as it seems generic they said they will send me another one in the post though I don't like my chances of the next one working either.

If you know how to update the firmware on one please let me know.

Regards,

Bandit

I guess I would email the vendor and ask them about a irmware update. They may have the ability to contact the mfgr. or can give you contact information.

Second one arrived and same issue. Seller is looking to refund me the money as long as I don't give negative feedback. Will buy another from the first seller I brought from with the fully functional one the other two are just a waste can't think of how I could repurpose them either, I guess they would make good Kodi remotes?

Back