• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD VS NVIDIA - Discrete gpu market share

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluezero5

Winner, Rig-o'-the-Quarter, Fourth Quarter 2012
94a2dfe2708f.jpg

this is in term of market share, seems legit?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of a loose title there... but yeah I can imagine that being about right.

Id almost think it was a bit high for AMD as of yet, I thought I read 1st quarter sales were down and AMD lost market share to nvidia some more. I could be wrong, and this was awhile back so memory is fuzzy, I'd like to see them competing with each other, I think that's the best way for everyone to win.

Both companies are doing EXTREMELY well this year . While we like to compare gpu's here, there is more going on than a gtx 1060 vs rx 480 in the market :p Both markets are UP, despite shift in "who has more cards out".

amdstock.png

nvidia stock.png

- - - Updated - - -

Id almost think it was a bit high for AMD as of yet, I thought I read 1st quarter sales were down and AMD lost market share to nvidia some more. I could be wrong, and this was awhile back so memory is fuzzy, I'd like to see them competing with each other, I think that's the best way for everyone to win.

First AND second quarter earnings were (Very slightly) negative. However, that doesn't paint the whole picture. They went from a MASSIVE deficit and had huge gains over their previous year earnings and market. Q3 was positive for the first time in a long time. AMD has extremely deep and comfortable pockets, and can operate on a net loss of 40 million a quarter for the next 125 years. (thats not a joke).

I read that a few days ago from somewhere...you (OP) should link you source to that information. I went ahead and changed the title to reflect more accurately the subject and not a troll thread, lol!

Great additional info Bob!

Last edited:
Back