• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG HERO VII - Stuck in Bios FlashBack!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it once took them 5 months once for me. wasnt a pretty thing at all

I'm not a betting man, but I can say it will be either shorter or longer than you think. if it doesn't get lost cause Fed-Ex is slightly busy this time of year and is notorious for loosing stuff, especially if it looks like it might be electronics worth something to part-time labor, but I'm not jaded, they made good on the orders they have lost for me.

Swarty- when you RMA you never send the accessories. You'll never see them again. You will receive just a board in return.
I'll go with 2 week turn around just because it's a ROG product. You will receive a refurb board.

Mr.Scott said:
Swarty- when you RMA you never send the accessories. You'll never see them again. You will receive just a board in returnI'll go with 2 week turn around just because it's a ROG product. You will receive a refurb board.
Mr. Scott! Thanks for chiming in! And yes, ahh, I read through the checklist after I had it all packed up so took a gamble...
Either way no biggie as this mobo will be prepped for cold when I get it back and I never used any of them anyway, but yeah your are totally right.
What about the box? Lets see what I get back...

wingman99 said:
I think Asus has a removable Bios chip, they probably will change it and test. Did you copy the S/N?
Nothing appeared removable?! NO, good idea, but I am sure I can grab it off a proj log pic...

I am going over- 17 days 14 hours 37 minutes. Especially due to the holidays...

Cheers!

You'll get a brown box with a mobo in it that's it.

Clock is ticking....

I kinda slept on this, but here is the info.
We have a discrepancy on the actual arrive date/time.

asus.JPG

fedex.JPG

Need an official judgement here. I incline towards FedEx, with the time delivered!
I don't see this before the new year...

Cheers!

Is that going out or coming to you? I find your Swartenese a bit confusing

Is that going out or coming to you? I find your Swartenese a bit confusing

uh, er hardy har? I think... I checked and only two other English words end in "enese"?:-/

But yeah, my bad. The first one is from the Asus website, "Repair in Progress", received 12/12.
The second one is from FedX website, indicating delivery, with time, on 12/9.

Remember there is action on how much time this is going to take. Big odds and big winnings!
So nothing sent back to me yet.

Salud

Merry Christmas from Asus

This is actually outstanding!

asus2.JPG

received by Asus 12/9/2016 9:18am!

ET of repair 14 days!

Nailed the odds making on over-under. My Bet wasn't far off...

SwartHack said:
OverUnder - 13.5 days - even money
Total days:7/2
Total days/hours:10/1
Total days/hour/minutes: 175/3...
I am going over- 17 days 14 hours 37 minutes. Especially due to the holidays...

Will update hours and minutes when it arrives. Happy Holidays everyone!

Salud!

That's good news. Hopefully your delivery is on time. I had a return from newegg that took two weeks to arrive after they shipped it

Collect Your Winnings!!!!

Ding! Ding! Ding!
The results are in, and I must say what a turnaround.
As I am the only one who actually posted a bet, well I am the big loser.. NOT!!!:cool:

fedex.JPG

fedex2.JPG

14 Days 6 hours 17 minutes, from delivery to delivery.
Do I need to adjust for time-zone though??:confused:

Scotty and Johan are runners up. Even though I sent a nice note asking for my box back...

Johan said:

Mr. Scott said:
You will receive a refurb board.

You both were right, different SN#, looks brand new! Congratulations! Should have made a bet:cool:

Cheers

EDIT: have not POSTed it up yet...

glad to hear you got it back before the weekend, otherwise it won't get to you until Tues. seems like they are taking the 26th off for good measure. I got a package sitting 75 miles away in a terminal, it got held up somewhere and didn't make it to get out today.

Final update - Asus RMA service & other services...

So I still have not posted this board yet, nor much of anything else OCF related over the holidays...
Here is the obligatory pic of the new board I neglected in the previous post. I have no doubt it will POST right up...

Pretty, isn't it:D
IMG_3099.JPG

I also wanted to again express my astonishment at getting an RMA in the first place with a 1+ year old board:shock:
And express my satisfaction with the whole process and how long it took.
And share how it took place...

First off my board was registered under my ASUS account, along with my other ASUS products.
I did this when I got the board, not when I started having problems with it. I believe this is a factor...

Never talked to anyone, all on-line. And sometimes you just don't know what is going on, if anything...
I started with opening a ticket on-line. Automated message right away, and about two days later first response...
Everything via email, their on-line message board is lacking, especially the RMA one. DOn't even try to post an inquiry there...
Review original posts about that experience, I kinda bitched at them for telling me to do what I said I was having a problem doing!!!:screwy:
After that I got the RMA. Was this a factor??

So you know the rest, except...
Somewhere along the process, I sent an email kindly asking for my accessories back, but with no direct response...
After I got the board back I got a few messages about the RMA# that "required" my attention, I kinda blew them off...

Then I got a message RE: Final notice... quotation for work...invoice..
That got my attention! I was like WTF and I opened it, took me to an on-line invoice for $15:confused:
For "Return of Accessories"!!!!

How bout that! I didn't really care but paid the invoice.
Am assuming it must be a new kit and not the original???

For future updates on the use of this board, subscribe to "The Bianch" (sig)!!!
If you are not already, what's your major malfunction...:cool:

Anyway, wanted to share all that for anyone's reference...

New Year's Cheers

Glad you got it back in a timely manner... woot!

Why would you be surprised they RMA'd it? Isn't their warranty 3 years?

In the rma instructions, it states to only ship the board and keep the accessories (why would they need the accessories?). They charged you for shipping the accessories, new or yours.

Yep, duly noted ED. Your people are on it:cool:

Swarty- when you RMA you never send the accessories. You'll never see them again. You will receive just a board in return.
I'll go with 2 week turn around just because it's a ROG product. You will receive a refurb board.

ED said:
Why would you be surprised they RMA'd it? Isn't their warranty 3 years?
Err, dunno exactly. Was my first RMA of a "significantly" used and modded component. Wasn't sure what to expect...

New Year's Cheer!!!

Back