• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 5820K is 1.39v too high a voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

I have been stable 24/7 at 4.5 ghz and 1.35v but I wanna try pushing it a notch more to 4.6. i tried 1.37 before but that wasnt enough . is 1.39 too high . I have a massive waterblock and a great cooler . swiftech h240x with a slow pump and varying fan speeds .

I have been stable 24/7 at 4.5 ghz and 1.35v but I wanna try pushing it a notch more to 4.6. i tried 1.37 before but that wasnt enough . is 1.39 too high . I have a massive waterblock and a great cooler . swiftech h240x with a slow pump and varying fan speeds .
1.4V - 1.45V is about the limit most would be comfortable with on that chip.

...I wouldont call that a great cooler either. It may not haNile temps much higher than where you are at... what are your stress test load temps? Which tests?

Truth be told.. seems like it's not worth it for 100mhz...

1.4V - 1.45V is about the limit most would be comfortable with on that chip.

...I wouldont call that a great cooler either. It may not haNile temps much higher than where you are at... what are your stress test load temps? Which tests?

Truth be told.. seems like it's not worth it for 100mhz...

pascal cards seem to have problems with anything below 4.6 . even when my cpu is maxing at 40% .
I am too scared to stress test. even on 100% fan speed and pump 1.39 is not sustainable. it hits 95c instantly

what games or programs are running your cpu at 100% at 4.5ghz? check task manager in the middle of your most demanding application and see if you still have headroom. i bet you don't even need the 4500mhz you're at now.

what games or programs are running your cpu at 100% at 4.5ghz? check task manager in the middle of your most demanding application and see if you still have headroom. i bet you don't even need the 4500mhz you're at now.

I use p95

1.35 is enough for 4.5 . 1.38 apparently isn't enough. are there any ways around improving stability other than dialing the voltage ip

Back