• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 6300 oc question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Normal" usually equates to no supplementation by LLC. I was just reading about that in another thread. And yes, it occurs to me that adding some voltage with LLC could ovecome the startup problem. I have seen that in the past in my own experience.

I am trying to solve speed drops not the start up. At least for now

Last edited:
I would still look at that PSU as being the problem, maybe not only with the startup issue but also with instability in your overclocking endeavor. 400W is the minmum Nvidia recommends for that GPU. While they tend to inflate that, still, if the PSU is not a cheap one to begin with and is aging it could have become inadequate.

It would be interesting to see if you returned your CPU back to stock frequencies and lowered the vcore to about 1.35 if the startup problem would disappear. It could be just on the margin of having enough power from the PSU to be able to start up. Overclocking the CPU might be pushing it to the edge and lowering the clocks and voltages might push it back from the edge a little. Or, better yet, if you were to temporarily swap out the video card with one that draws less power.

I have same issue with drops at 3.6 "oc" and any other. Startup isnt that much of the problem now it only happend once for now. This psu can pull decent power its +80 I doubt it is issue with it since OC isnt that high and dose not take that much extra power, but ofc can be.
Idk can I live with those drops or not, but I am sure 100% that it isn't affecting gameplay or anything I am doing on PC.

Okay, dude. Looks like you are pretty much up and running now. Going to sign out on this thread for now. Blessings.

I feel like idiot now... reverted back to 4.2 decreased vcore by one + and it passed on IntelBurn Test. It seems 4.3 needs more juice oh well better something then nothing. Oh well take care

Edit: Used both methods (multi and HT) of OC together got to 4.3, wont be pushing further until I solve cooling issue. It is stable but on maximum heat test it reaches 66c, will downclock if needed. Tnx on helping anyways

Last edited:
Back