• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty: infinite Warfare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Downloading the Digital Deluxe Edition (big fan of CoD series) and been seeing mixed reviews everywhere, anyone played it enough to give info here ?

im waiting a bit to see them sell cod4 remastered seperate then il buy that game. not buying this game to get it. i have bf1 to hold me off till then

Two things the BF and COD series have shown me: Never buy a game that does not show actual gameplay in the commercials and never buy a game the week it comes out. Hope it works out for you though.

Two things the BF and COD series have shown me: Never buy a game that does not show actual gameplay in the commercials and never buy a game the week it comes out. Hope it works out for you though.

Came out a month ago according to Steam :confused: Don't know what everyone is complaining about, game looks and plays better then Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3. Story keeps you going just as well, new toys to play with. Butter smooth 60fps at 1080p (and 4K supersampling) with maxed graphics and neither CPU nor GPU seem to be be particularly taxed.

Maybe its just because it isn't another WW1/WW2 storyboard ?

I stopped liking the series after Black Ops. Biggest gripe for me for this latest edition is the lack of Hardcore Search and Destroy. I dont know why they thought it would be good to remove it.

Came out a month ago according to Steam :confused: Don't know what everyone is complaining about, game looks and plays better then Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3. Story keeps you going just as well, new toys to play with. Butter smooth 60fps at 1080p (and 4K supersampling) with maxed graphics and neither CPU nor GPU seem to be be particularly taxed.

Maybe its just because it isn't another WW1/WW2 storyboard ?
Actually I would love to have a new one. Especially COD because nothing beats a good zombies co-op imo. I just got tired of buying incomplete games that were rushed to release. Waiting weeks for them to fix things that were wrong in the last game is unacceptable considering the cost of games these days. On top of that we have to pay for all those damn expansion packs that also don't fix problems that exist from version to version. All that "realism" and a point blank shotgun doesn't kill someone but a pistol at sniper range does. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. <end rant>

Biggest gripe for me for this latest edition is the lack of Hardcore Search and Destroy. I dont know why they thought it would be good to remove it.
It was too hard for the kiddies so they removed it. Black-ops 1 was also my last COD.

Waiting weeks for them to fix things that were wrong in the last game is unacceptable considering the cost of games these days. On top of that we have to pay for all those damn expansion packs that also don't fix problems that exist from version to version. All that "realism" and a point blank shotgun doesn't kill someone but a pistol at sniper range does. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. <end rant>

Agree with you there, but so far i haven't noticed any game breaking bugs at least in SP campaign (i really couldn't care less about the PvP), and i always played CoD for the story which is usually good. I always expect a few bugs in any game, so i'm not disappointed when they show up :p One good or bad thing about Infinite Warfare depending on each person view is that every NPC shooting at you seems to soak up damage (not to the extent of Crysis, but they are all armoured one way or another), so you get a whole new appreciation for head shots which BTW you need 2 as they either have helmets or are robots...

I stopped liking the series after Black Ops. Biggest gripe for me for this latest edition is the lack of Hardcore Search and Destroy. I dont know why they thought it would be good to remove it.

the cod 4 remaster is supposed to have it

I think i might have been spoiled by blizzard, i got used to cinematics looking better then the game itself, now i got a reverse with Infinite Warfare... did they drop the ball or was this intended to show off graphics ? BTW space battles ? SO much fun :clap:

I loved COD, COD2, COD3, COD 4, and after that it just went down hill. I stupidly bought the first Black Ops and I played for like 1 hour thinking "WTH is this?". I have seen the other recent CODs on my sister's sons' Xbox and it's all very meh. The standard MP shooters like BF and COD are really going down hill IMO and games like Overwatch are taking over with their much funner (is funner a word?) take on the FPS.

Ok, i find it very curious that when someone says Call of Duty or Battlefield everyone else immediately thinks PvP. I always bought the games for the SP campaign, the PvP is an added bonus (which btw CoD2 was the best so far by a mile IMO). Am i alone in this ? I generally liked the stories so far :confused:

I liked the stories in COD 1-4. They were fun. COD5 WAW's campaign was meh... I've always preferred MP in Battlefield. I haven't enjoyed BF since BFBC2.

I truly enjoyed the campaign in COD4. That was the only one that really stuck with me. The Battlefield campaigns are garbage outside of the Bad Company ones, so those games (rightfully so) are there for the multiplayer experience with a tagged on single player mode. I've heard the BF1 campaign is a notch or two better than BF3/4 but that doesn't say a lot.

Remember playing CoD4 on the 360, the whole SAS training in the start, was very fun and challenging at the time. Got the remastered version with IW so might give it another go :)

Remember playing CoD4 on the 360, the whole SAS training in the start, was very fun and challenging at the time. Got the remastered version with IW so might give it another go :)

only reason im goign to end up buying IW unless they sell it seperate pretty fast

Back