• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark TimeSpy rules as of December 1st

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Initially the rules change around TimeSpy was a PITA now IMO it's even worse.

Today we bring your attention to some rules changes that apply to the 3DMark Time Spy benchmark from December 1st 2016. Thanks to work from both Futuremark and HWBOT a screenshot is no longer required, instead the result can now be submitted directly from 3DMark.com.
It's not can be submitted from 3DMark it's MUST.

Verification screenshot requirements
No verification screenshot is required
Result must be submitted directly from 3dmark.com

For more reading http://hwbot.org/newsflash/4107__be...m_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=november2016
http://hwbot.org/news/13722_application_198_rules/

Not sure if it's possible to save a sub offline and submit later that will have to be tested. EDIT: (After reading comments it is possible to sub later)

Any opinions are welcome. Personally I think it's BS. No more tweaks allowed either LOD or Tess modification will render the result invalid.

hwbot must be making a nickel out of this somehow. it seems that money is their total motivation for everything these days

Not sure what if anything HWBot gets out of it but I do remember reading the 3DMark was disappointed that all the "BIG" runs wouldn't qualify for the HOF because of the LOD/TESS or unapproved drivers warnings. They have worked together for quite a long time.

its a benchmark- let some tweaks be available.
saldy just about every gpu bench is a cpu bench. so they just want the guys with the best (hand picked) hardware to automatically dominate every bench. it happens that way anyway, but give us some work room

I figured that was coming. They were working too closely with FM for this not to happen. Thanks Metal for the update

Back