• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech camera software won't install-says no USB ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

Trying to install drivers for a Logitech web cam (V-UAR33) I've used in W7 before. Got the drivers from Logitech's site and when I try to run the installer I get an error message telling me I have no USB ports. I have several, and most have functioning equipment plugged in to them, including a Logitech game controller. I'm stumped. Anybody else have an idea where to go next? It's for the rig in the sig.

Have you had this camera installed and functioning before on a Win 7 machine that had EUFI?

Do you have the latest driver for the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and USB 3.1 ports installed?
What port are you connected to?

Have you had this camera installed and functioning before on a Win 7 machine that had EUFI?

Yup.

Do you have the latest driver for the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and USB 3.1 ports installed?
What port are you connected to?

The Logiteh installer claims I have no USB ports. I have an external HDD, a Logitech game controller, and an old Samsung tablet plugged in to USB ports and they all work without issue. Oh, and the keyboard I'm writing this with-wireless Logitech. I just plugged the camera in to the only USB 2.0 port I have. Windows said the drivers were successfully installed, but the software to use the camera still won't install. I get this:
this.PNG

Tried right-click running as admin on the installer or running in xp compat mode (just to try it?)

You have the chipset and ME drivers installed?

Yup, but I'm going to dig out the disc and double check.

Tried right-click running as admin on the installer or running in xp compat mode (just to try it?)

Both. I used to use a version that had to run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. I still have the original installer, but no dice. I downloaded the lates from Logitech and same thing.

All I can think of is to play with your legacy USB support and USB compatibility in bios.

Worth another look. Windows sees the camera, those drivers are installed. The Logitech app(s) isn't seeing any USB ports.

What OS was the camera app made for? Is the newest version of the app pre Windows 7? Could it be that updates to Windows 7 have done away with or changed files that the app depends on?

The corrent app is for Window 7 x64. Device manager says every USB port in the computer is working fine. I'm starting to believe the app is buggy. I'll try it in Window 10 and see what's up.

As long as you know your ports or correct it has to be the software I imagine. The latest for 7x64 has the "Vid" update, whereas the latest for Vista x64 has two versions one of which has no "Vid" option. The only other problem I see is that it's from '09 and '07 respectively. Could be an OS update has something to do with it? Try compatibility mode if you haven't. Microsoft loves to update drivers which then break stuff that used to work. Take my wacom tablet in my sig. An update from June of this year completely removes the Journal ap (that's literally all it does) with no indication at all it's doing so, albeit if you search there is a replacement, but I still think it got borked by the uninvited uninstall. MS is getting retarded imo focusing too much on telemetry which is not a feature but a hobble.

The... disc? Latest drivers? Check the manufacturer website...

Strange. I'm using a Logitech C615 webcam from win7(x64) all the way to win10(x64) with zero issues. I know I had to unplug it, install the software, then plug it back in for winderz to find it and recognize it.

I know you tired everything short of a format. Maybe try what I did? Just grabbing at straws here :shrug:

I use the same cam and have also used it with 7/8.1/10 with zero issues.
Motherboards I've used it on are a Maximus IV Extreme P67 and an ASRock Z97 anniversary.

Back