• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in need of help. pc shuting down when gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rage_killerz

Registered
hi all im hopeing someone can shed some light onto this. i know somthing is not right in my pc. but im trying to find out the cause of it all.

basicly this all started yesterday. i was playing hitman. and them just out the blue. my pc shuts down..no error no black screen..just shuts down and when it reboots im greated with a message saying "asus anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply " iv never had this happen before.. i hafve had this system for going on about 5 years now and the only things that have not been upgraded is the motherbord,cpu,memory and psu. iv done some research about it and from what i can find people are saying the asus anti surge thing is rubish .but im afrad to turn it of in case it is actule my power supply unit. i allso found out that it could be related to wiering in my wall..this housee is very very old. but i have no idea of how to go about diagnosing it.. at this point im just tempted to buy a new psu . but was wondering what others thoughts could be and if anyones got any sugestions. thanks

5 years old, I would bet the power supply.

What's the make and model of the power supply?

You should be able to create a signature after a post or two... :)

Disable the Asus anti-surge and see if that helps. Don't be afraid. ;)

Back