• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1060 vs RX 480 Updated Review (Hardware Canucks)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like updates improved RX480 performance more. Both are about the same as I'm not counting 2FPS any special difference. Just after premiere GTX1060 was looking better.

Resident Evil 7 benchmarks.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/resident_evil_7_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,6.html

** Update: Nvidia released a new driver which massively impacts performance. The results have been updated but we'd not be surprized to see something similar happening with AMD drivers. hence the results today remain subjective. The game is incredible hard to measure objectively.

Direct console port = win for AMD. Yes this game is DX11.

Will the 480 end up being closer to a 1070 competitor over time than the 1060 I wonder.

Gtx 1060 is capable of 4.4 TeraFlops and the RX480 is capable of 5.8 TeraFlops . The 1070 is capable of 6.5 TeraFlops , So the RX480 Wont reach the 1070 performance but will be close. I imagine the RX490 will be 7-7.5 Tflops and the RX490x will be 9-9.5 Tflops.

Correct me if im wrong.

Back