• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does it seem like 92mm fans are so uncommon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiozaki

Green 80mm and 120mm fans 4$, green 92mm if you can fine them twice that or more, I don't get it.

Because they are?

They are not a standard size fan. So with that, it fetches a price premium.

Hmm, I find it odd then I keep encountering cases with rear 92mm fans.

I mod alot of older cases and stuff newer components in them, so that's probably part of it.

They're not so common these days.

They were somewhat common back in 2001-2005/6 because they were quieter than the slightly older 60-80mm fans and were able to push more air at lower RPM's (and 120mm hadn't come out yet, or at least wasn't that common in cases at the time). I still have some heat sinks (and maybe cases) that fit 92mm fans, like from the AMD socket A and Intel socket 478 era (and maybe some of the time when sockets 754 and 939 were out).

Hmm, I find it odd then I keep encountering cases with rear 92mm fans.

I mod alot of older cases and stuff newer components in them, so that's probably part of it.
Stop looking at the bargain bin of cases. Most are 80/120/140/200mm. Im certain there are some out there of course, but... they are not common these days.

Back