• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC restarts when loading into Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jactus

Built a new gaming PC yesterday, everything was fine, games played fine, until I run Mass Effect and everything started crashing. After the crashes came the reboots when trying to play a game and now the PC will just restart when loading Windows. I can go into BIOS and I can use the PC while in safe mode just fine. Does this mean that it's a drivers problem?

My setup:
MSI z170a gaming pro carbon mobo
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GZ
16GB of DDR4 RAM
EVGA SuperNova GQ 650W 80+ Gold
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
128gb SSD (with windows installed on it)
1TB HDD

yeah, sounds like a driver issue, did you do a fresh install of windows when you built the pc?

what are temps like on everything cpu and gpu.

yeah, sounds like a driver issue, did you do a fresh install of windows when you built the pc?

what are temps like on everything cpu and gpu.

CPU won't go above 35C, as for the GPU, the fans don't even need to start spinning.
I did a clean install of windows and all drivers this morning. But I'm starting to think that I should install a previous version of Nvidia drivers.

I think there are significant driver problems that have developed with recent Windows 10 updates. I have been experiencing crashes like you describe frequently with my customer base, even on brand new computers. It can't all be hardware problems I've decided. Keeping on hand a copy of some Linux live distro that will use entirely different drivers will help sort this out.

I think there are significant driver problems that have developed with recent Windows 10 updates. I have been experiencing crashes like you describe frequently with my customer base, even on brand new computers. It can't all be hardware problems I've decided. Keeping on hand a copy of some Linux live distro that will use entirely different drivers will help sort this out.

I am now sure that this is entirely the Nvidia drivers problem. I uninstall the drivers on safe mode, and then when i restart the PC it will be fine. That's until I try installing new graphics drivers.

Back