• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random No Signal - Black Screen - GTX 1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Judge_Dreed_80

Hi guys,

recently (last 3-4 months) I have encountered an issue where my screen randomly (Windows desktop, playing games, watching videos) turns black with NO SIGNAL message. The only way to fix it is to restart the PC.
The PC is not crashing, you can still hear it working, the HDD led is blinking from time to time and all the fans are working correctly.
So far I have checked this and:
- It’s not the screen as it also happens when I plug the PC to my TV
- It’s not the GPU as it occurred with 3 different GPUs (2 different GTX 1080 and 1 GTX760)
- It’s not the cable as it occurs with both DP and HDMI cables
- It’s not the a particular nVidia driver as it occurred with few previous ones and occurs with the latest
- It’s not the OC as it happens when the GPU is almost idle with standard clocks
- Not the PSU as it’s a new Corsair 1000W
- Both power cables from the PSU are plugged to my Motherboard (in case someone would suggest that)
- My power saving options are set to Performance and hibernation/sleep modes are disabled
- Windows is fully up 2 date

I checked the Windows Event log and when the issue occurs it creates a Warning log with the info that the video driver stopped working and recovered (it looks like it`s not recovering though ).

PC:
iCPU: i7 4930k, 6 Cores, OC @ 4,5Ghz
GPU: GTX 1080
MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition X79
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ @ 1600Mhz, Quad Channel
MONITOR: Acer Predator XB270HU 27", 2560x1440, 144hz, G-Sync,
HDD: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, CRUCIAL M550 1TB SSD
PSU: CORSAIR RM1000x - 1000W
AUDIO: Sound Blaster ZxR

Any ideas? I’m not a noob user, building my rigs for over 15 years but I’m close to giving up on this one 

You don't need both plugs for the CPU.

When you swapped drivers, did you use DDU or a similar driver wiping program? Perhaps there is some leftover garbage there which needs cleaned up.

Try the entire PC at stock and see if it still happens as well.

You don't need both plugs for the CPU.

When you swapped drivers, did you use DDU or a similar driver wiping program? Perhaps there is some leftover garbage there which needs cleaned up.

Try the entire PC at stock and see if it still happens as well.

Yup I always use DDU :) The issue occurs on stock GPU. The only thing I will try is I will lower the CPU clock.
Do you think not enough voltage for the CPU could cause it as well? The PC does not seem to restart on does not present BSOD, etc.

Back