• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R5 340x rebrand R7 250?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiozaki

340x seems easier and cheaper to find with 2gb of gddr5 then the 250, i want it to tinker with apu dual graphic setups.

i guess this question extends to the r7 350 as well i cant tell if its a rebrand of if it will work.

340x seems easier and cheaper to find with 2gb of gddr5 then the 250, i want it to tinker with apu dual graphic setups.

i guess this question extends to the r7 350 as well i cant tell if its a rebrand of if it will work.

If you want it for gaming, Dont.
See if your APU supports the card then tell us.

An 8580 cannot do Dual Graphics.

...and where is he saying he wants to use his 8350 for this? He's quite specific about using an APU, and given his prior posts, its pretty clear he knows the FX series are not apu chips.

...and where is he saying he wants to use his 8350 for this? He's quite specific about using an APU, and given his prior posts, its pretty clear he knows the FX series are not apu chips.

Anyone coming by who doesn't know systems as well could assume he is referencing the FX-8350 in his signature.
That post was to make it clear to anyone that an FX cannot be used for Dual Graphics.

So I did a little bit of research on this and it seems like the GPU architecture used in the 340x is a little bit more modern than what is used in the A10 lineup. It may work, but I would not be completely confident in it. The R7-250 and R5-340 have very different specs. Now it may work, but you might be handicapping the GPU. Dual Graphics is a fun tech to play with, but it tends to be a bi specific in what it will work with.

Back