• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Crucial Ballistix Tactical 4x8GB DDR4-3000 - BLT8G4D30AETA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I have Crucial Ballistix Tactical 4x8GB DDR4-3000 CL15 kit which is actually four single sticks with BLT8G4D30AETA product number. Here is link to the product page: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/blt8g4d30aeta

Memory is designed to work on Z170 and X99 motherboards. Since there are 4 sticks then I will test it on ASRock X99 Taichi with i7 6800K processor.

Tactical_32GB_3000_pht1.jpg

Tactical_32GB_3000_pht4.jpg

Tactical_32GB_3000_pht7.jpg

Tactical_32GB_3000_pht10.jpg

Memory works perfectly stable at XMP 3000 profile so 15-16-16 1.35V

Tactical_32GB_3000_res7.jpg

Crucial is a Micron brand and most their DDR4 kits are based on Micron IC, however this one is based on SEC IC - K4A4G085WE-BCPB. It's the first time we see that Crucial decided to release 3000-3200 memory kits ( Tactical is max 3000 while Elite is 3000 and 3200 ). It just proves that something has changed and Crucial is sure about memory stability at 3000-3200.

Here are screenshots how CPU-Z and AIDA64 see this memory. The latest version of Thaiphoon Burner is showing unknown memory manufacturer but we can read IC model which is as I mentioned K4A4G085WE-BCPB so it's Samsung.
Modules are 8GB dual rank so in some applications should provide better performance than single rank modules.

Tactical_32GB_3000_res4.jpg

Tactical_32GB_3000_res6.jpg

Last edited:
Results at XMP settings

Tactical_32GB_3000_res2b.jpg

Overclocking is however limited. Memory is fully stable at XMP settings or manual settings with tighter timings. At 3000 CL14-15-15
there are no problems with stability but at CL13 one of the sticks is disappearing regardless of voltage.

Tactical_32GB_3000_res2.jpg

Maximum frequency is 3200 but not fully stable. I guess it's possible to stabilize at least 3 from tested memory sticks or maybe even all. I will try to play some more with settings as I have ASRock X99 Taichi only for couple of days and maybe I missed something. If I make any better result then of course you will see it in this thread.

Tactical_32GB_3000_res1oc.jpg

So far this is all. Maybe a bit disappointing but all who need stable and fast memory out of the box will be satisfied. I had no issues with stability or compatibility on 3 motherboards.

Thanks, you are right. I was using pre Dec build. Last version is not showing manufacturer but can read K4A4G085WE-BCPB from the IC so as you said it's Samsung. However it's weird as this memory is not overclocking like Samsungs. I have to check some other settings and maybe will push them higher.

However it's weird as this memory is not overclocking like Samsungs. I have to check some other settings and maybe will push them higher.
I have found a review for these modules at TT. Although the reviewer at TT is not an expert on memory modules he was allowed to remove the heat spreaders.

I have them constantly in use and had no time to remove heatsinks. Usually I remove them when I'm not sure about IC. Anyway will try some other settings.
I thought there are Microns as some new Corsair 3000 kits are based on Microns and till now all other Crucial DDR4 were on Microns ... also were acting like this Tactical kit while overclocking ;)

After some changes I was able to set benchable 3333 16-17-17 1.35V but it couldn't pass HyperPi 32M. I'm not sure if it's memory or maybe something with motherboard or BIOS settings. No special changes when I set higher VDIMM or VCCSA.

Back