• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi gpu in 2017. Yay or nay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vega is so close.... I would wait if possible. At the current State of the Resolution, there is a gap between GPU and monitor that will likely be addressed in the near future. Vega might be the answer to that.

So close? It's 3 months minimum.

I'm finding various conflicting guesses, but they are guesses. But at three months wait time you would be awfully close to the scenario where you never buy anything because there is always something better in the pipeline somewhere.

I'm finding various conflicting guesses, but they are guesses. But at three months wait time you would be awfully close to the scenario where you never buy anything because there is always something better in the pipeline somewhere.

Mine isn't a guess. AMD told us not to expect Vega in Q1.

I was referring to various flotsam around the internet. I read your piece on the front page (Nice job, BTW) but didn't find any Vega dates. Three month minimum does put a dent in the "Wait for Vega" plan.

Oh, is anybody at AMD old enough to realize they named their flagship GPU after one of the worst and slowest automobiles in history?

I was referring to various flotsam around the internet. I read your piece on the front page (Nice job, BTW) but didn't find any Vega dates. Three month minimum does put a dent in the "Wait for Vega" plan.

Oh, is anybody at AMD old enough to realize they named their flagship GPU after one of the worst and slowest automobiles in history?

Thanks, appreciate it :)

Yeah, they told us in no uncertain terms that Ryzen would be first.
We were looking at pre-release ES versions of Ryzen, the kind that are basically one step away from being sent to review by groups like OCF.
The Vega part we got to demo wasn't even a dev level ES. It's still a few ES cycles from being ready for anyone's eyes besides AMD.

I don't think really anyone in their target audience is old enough to know what a Chevy Vega is ;)

Slowly but surely will get there ;)

Maybe... maybe not. Never knew in that Chevy Vega!

The Chevy Vega? Lucky if it makes it to the end of the driveway. LOL They were a special kind of craptastic..

Getting dark, better turn of the A/C or radio to use the headlights.
Don't worry, you won't have to turn both off, because you couldn't use both to begin with!

thanks for the input. it sounds like multi gpu is iffy right now and may or may not keep going downhill as developers abandon it. for the moment 1440p actually looks fine on a 4k monitor. the pixels are so small they can emulate whatever. i don't notice much difference between this and my old 1440p dell (or can't remember). got the monitor on a whim since it was on sale and i'm still glad i got it for now. gonna do 4k on titles that i can play smoothly and 1440p on the rest until vega/1080ti. thanks again!

Back