• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan speed does not affect temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pennywise359

Hello everybody!
Finally I got enough courage to step up from my corsair h100i gtx to a custom loop. My OC'ed to 4.6 ghz i7 6700 was always hot and i had to run fans on my corsair AOI at max RPM. With custom loop temps are slightly better but it is still hot and I hit 74c at max load. AlsoI have noticed that that fans speed does not affect my temps at all.
Does somebody have a clue what can be wrong? Could it be a bad CPU or internal thermal compound?

Here is my loop config

Rads:
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360 Full Copper
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 120 Full Copper
Fans:
5x EK Vardar 2200 rpm
PumpRes combo:
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM + EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 (204mm) upgrade
Water Block:
XSPC Raystorm Pro
Thermal Compound :
Noctua NT-H1

As i know this config should be an overkill just for single CPU and later on i was planning watercool GPU's as well...

Thanks for attention guys, i hope someone can help me.
LGjKoSO-EiA.jpg
mYJNLVOME2k.jpg

:welcome: to OCFs.

Those temps do seem pretty high for the configured loop at hand.

1. What are you voltages used on the OC'd CPU?

2. What benchmarks were used to test the load on the CPU and what's being used to monitor them?

3. What temps were you getting prior on the AIO?

4. What flow setting is your pump set at and is flow visible what so ever?

5. How long have you had this custom loop set and was there any signs of deteriorating overtime?

:welcome: to OCFs.

Those temps do seem pretty high for the configured loop at hand.

1. What are you voltages used on the OC'd CPU?

2. What benchmarks were used to test the load on the CPU and what's being used to monitor them?

3. What temps were you getting prior on the AIO?

4. What flow setting is your pump set at and is flow visible what so ever?

5. How long have you had this custom loop set and was there any signs of deteriorating overtime?

1. 1.32v, is the lowest value to have stable 4.6 oc

2. I have used AIDA 64

3. 84c maximum at highest loads

4. ~4700 rpm, yes.

5. 3 Days, No.

P.s.

After spending more time testing it I think I can tell that water block has been installed properly and definitely transfers heat from CPU to the loop. Apparently as I thought this loop is kinda an overkill for this CPU and it takes a while to warm it up. After about 20+ min of aida 64 stress testing radiators became warm and I could hit 84c. How ever with fans at max speed loop stayed cool no matter what and cpu temp never went above 74-75c with average ~60-68c. So I think my question is somewhat solved, but I am still concerned about my temps. Also I am thinking about delidding my cpu and see what happens.

P.s.s
Oh and yes those temps are absolute maximum and they are spiking like crazy, so I can't rly tell the average.

Thanks for response.

***UPDATE***
Here is more correct data from aida 64 also i ran test twice longer then yesterday. The only thing, today my room temp is about 10F lower.
hQ25iMS4G-s.jpg

Last edited:
You mess with pump speeds yet? Or it's possible your Dt is already so low that being over your radded fan speeds might not make a lot of diff. Remember temp increases are by percentages not degrees.

Try turning all fans off on the smaller rad.

Methinks being so over-raded on just CPU your fan speeds, as long as any airflow is over the rad, you won't see any measurable diff due to temp measurement variations.

Need to make big changes. Try it.

Back