• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless overear with noise cancel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I will soon be on the look out for Noise cancelling headset that is wireless.

When at home, i currently rock and love my Sennheiser HD598 when out, i have a older pair of Sony Noise Cencelling headset, they work just fine, but they get hot after a few hours due to being leather, and then while changing headset, why not go wireless, i feel like we have hit a stage where wireless is good enough quality and all that for me to move into that area.

Now, the HD598, i love it, its lightweight, its open, and its non leather. This is something i know for a fact that i cannot find in a wireless noise cancel headset, maunly due to the open part.

But where are my options, i dont move much about on the headphone market, but i am going to California from Denmark in Feb, which will be long flight, and would like it sorted by then, price is object, but being that i rock HD598, i hope it points out, im not looking for cheap headsets, but there is a limit where money and sense part ways. Let me know where opens i have, and what i should go for from those options.

:attn:

Honestly, i am losing faith for now... The issue is, i have Sennhieser HD598, and i want the same non leather from a noisecancel headset, i have gone over to anything now.. My Sony's are dieing a slow death, and i going to San Fran in 2 weeks, so its getting close to needing something, anything, but i dont want anything just to have something, if that makes sense.

Why not go IEM? Even cheap ones can reduce outside noise by up to or even more then 30dB, and there are plenty of non-cheap-o that even the HD598 can't hold a candle to.

Why not go IEM? Even cheap ones can reduce outside noise by up to or even more then 30dB, and there are plenty of non-cheap-o that even the HD598 can't hold a candle to.

I have noise cancelling and ear buds I carry when traveling. Although the noise cancelling work better on a plane, the ear buds sound better/bassier.

I carry both, but noise cancel had an eefect on a plane. The humming from the engines, on an 11hour flight, is annoying. NC is a must really.

I carry both, but noise cancel had an eefect on a plane. The humming from the engines, on an 11hour flight, is annoying. NC is a must really.

That's why I bring both (for the same reason as you), after a bit with the in-ear I put on the noise cancelling for a change/quiet. But the in-ear almost cancel everything out, except for the very lowest drone.

I have not, but they basically closed versions of what i have at home now, but they are not N/C which means too much on a plane. Often i sit with my headset on, and dont even listen to anything, just enjoy the "silence" if you can put it that way.

They are not NC headphones-- but they do go a long way to promote their "noise isolation" feature.

I am not having any luck finding a NC headset that uses velour ear cushions.... I can only assume its because leather offers better NC. The PXC 480 looks similar in shape/size... perhaps a set of ear cushions from a 598 headset would fit on it :D

Good luck in your hunt Pierre--

-TC

So i ended up having to get a new headset. While going to the stats, i broke my old sony headset. So i ended up getting Sony MDR-1000x, i am in love, but the leather is too hot in the long run, was an issue when i flew today, but it was more the plane than anything. The MDR-1000x is a sick headset, all the controls are super cool and useful.

Back